FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/15/2013 11:12 PM  #1

CraigMBAs 1965 coupe

My car has been a long running on again/off again project that has been afflicted with a huge case of WYAIT and an extended stint in paint jail.   Previous to that, I have owned it since 1985, and drove it 200k before getting in a minor accident.   This is the last good picture I took of it, three years ago:

I overhauled the engine since then, and now I have the time (and the $$$) to finally finish it.  I got invited to a Hot Rod Night at a neighbors house (he has a roadside hot dog stand that I ate at as a kid in his back yard he restored) on October 5th, and I'm super motivated to finish it this time (it's only got to roll a mile and a half under its own power), then spend all winter getting the rest of the bugs worked out so I can drive it some next year.

Will keep y'all posted.

8/18/2013 10:25 PM  #2

Re: CraigMBAs 1965 coupe

The car has been disassembled in one shop, flat towed to another shop where most of the bodywork was done, then flat towed a mile away to my garage where I dry fit most of it back together before I drove it to the body shop.  Made it half way before the 8" center section gave it up, pushed it the rest of the way.  Then I moved 350 miles.  Twice.

So, when I set out to find the NOS doorhandles and locks I had previously installed, I was more than pleased that I only lost one PS door pushrods.  Reassembly has been fairly uneventful so far.  Hopefully it stays that way.  I've booked about eight hours of actual shop time in between my regular job over the past couple days, so I'll keep it up and start posting pictures.

8/19/2013 8:33 PM  #3

Great color! Is that tangelo?

65 mustang coupe, 351W, C6-  2800 stall, B&M blower, 9inch- trac-loc 3.70 gears

8/20/2013 1:38 AM  #4

No, but I thought about just that before I talked myself out of it, and picked an OE color instead.  It's Land Rover Discovery Challange orange.

The Race Pack dash showed up today, but being 107 inside the shop put the stops to any progress today.

1/13/2014 10:22 PM  #5

I love the color. Orange has always been a favorite hot rod color for me. Had an orange 68 Firebird in high school. The color has always stuck with me.

1984 SVO,1967 Mustang Coupe (Custom),1967 Mustang Coupe.1969  F250 Ford Ranger Camper Special,1997 Winston Cup T-Bird

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.