FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/29/2013 7:21 PM  #1

My first BASH, and now I get it..

Just wanted to give you a first timers feedback of attending a bash.

My first encounter was with traveling with MIKE aka 6sally6.  He's a super nice guy and it was very comforting to travel with someone instead of traveling alone, and he was a great tour guide thru the mountains of GA. Mike claims he got lost, but it was the best kind of lost.  we got our own Georgia tail of the dragon thru the mountains, and it was real nice scenery, and a great story and memory. 

I don't think that most of these forum people realize that meeting the "regulars" for the very first time, for me, was like meeting celebrities or rock stars.  I was really excited to meet 6sally6,  MustangSteve, Tubo, Billy Walton, JerryF, Glen, MR TIM, Don, Hornman, Bullet Bob, Josh, Terry, TMcG, GregB, Red351, WALT, and all the others! It was also great to put faces to the forum names.

The cars were just a pleasant surprise, it really is about the people.

I thought it was funny how MS came up to me and said  " Hello, I'm Steve Wilkes" and puts out his hand for a hand shake, like I had no idea who he was or what he looked like, or why i just drove 500 miles.  LOL>  I wanted to say in my NJ sarcastic voice " Hello, i've only been conversing with you over the internet for like 6 years now. LOL. But i refrained. Again it was like meeting celebrity who actually wanted to meet me too. 

MS - it was a pleasure meeting you, super nice down to earth guy.

Takes some special people to make plans for an event all year long that lasts just a weekend. These people go above and beyond to make complete strangers feel welcome in thier hometown and include them in all events planned for the weekend. These people open up their homes to a whole bunch of people, some of which they have never met before.  They organize an entire weekends worth of events, and entertain everyone, and greet everyone, and making sure all had directions to all the different places and events for the weekend,   To this years hosts,  Jerry F and his wife Lori, and family are a special group of people.  Thank you all for this weekend. I had a great time.

I met other first timers that were also great to hang out with.  I met WALT and his wife, and being first timers and both originally being from PA, we kind of bonded right away and hung near each other at first since we didn't really know what to expect each day.  But they were great people, really glad to meet them both, and we all spent Saturday having a great time touring Nashville.  If anyone didn't get to spend time with Walt, he is a really fun guy with some great stories, besides knowing a good bit about cars. Again cars is the afterthought.         

Then there's some of the other regulars who also were great too.  BB and Tubo were really cool to meet and made sure that the first timers weren't just standing there feeling uncomfortable. They were happy to meet me and my family and wanted to get to know us. And thier wives too. I'd be wrong to not mention them as well.  There were people there that I really didn't know, but they knew me, and my posts, and my history of being from NJ and moving to SC.  I was really surprised that there were so many people that knew me. I think, that i forget when I post something, there's alot of people reading those posts, that never reply or step up and make posts to become regulars so that I get to know them as well.  I wish they would so I can get to know them as well as they knew me. 

The cars.... there were some great cars there.  I have my favorites.  Especially the Silver 65 mustang with the red interior. I hope someone posts some pics of it because it was beautiful.  It had a recessed antenna, and shaved door handles, bench seat, and was smooth with no chrome emblems and was real real sharp.  The red mach 1 was also very nice with The Doors 8 track.  But I got to meet the owners of these cars and talk to them and they were nice people.  Again, the cars keep bringing you back to the people.

I got to take my kids with me, and travel across some beautiful areas of this country, with some great scenery.  Sure we were worried about my car making the drive. LOL.

I have been told for years to attend a bash, and then I'll get it.   well...  Now i get it. 

Great time. 

GET HER DONE BULLETBOB!!! ..

9/29/2013 8:38 PM  #2

Re: My first BASH, and now I get it..

well said Mark!  welcome to the HAS BEENS, has been to a bash!  It was good to meet you in person!  

9/29/2013 9:58 PM  #3

WE REALLY ENJOYED OURSELVES....DEBBIE LOVED MEETING EVERYONE....SHE IS ALREADY WANTING TO PLAN OUR TRIP TO SEE EVERYBODY NEXT YEAR.

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

9/30/2013 10:58 AM  #4

Great post to read Mark. Well done!!

9/30/2013 12:37 PM  #5

Great to meet and great you Mark.....and your kids too! Hope everyone had a good time.....
Was also nice to see a Foxbody present.  Your post really summed up the Bash weekend.........and thanks for sharing.
This is a great bunch of wrench benders and for me, it the highlight of the year.

Hope to see you next year or, if you're passing through Houston...

9/30/2013 1:59 PM  #6

Mark I can’t top that post but I would like to say Brenda and I did very much enjoy running around with you and your family for a couple of days. It sure was nice meeting everyone and putting a face to a name. I would also like to thank Jerry and Lori for hosting the bash and having everyone over afterwards. The food was there was only surpassed by the company we enjoyed it with. Steve (MS) you should be proud of what this has turned into. Thanks again!!!

If this forum can't fix it, it isn't broke.

9/30/2013 3:05 PM  #7

Thank you Mark. That says it. That's how I felt the first time and the feeling just keeps getting stronger.  I don't believe you could hand pick a finer group of folks.
I'm very glad you are part of it.

BB

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

9/30/2013 3:28 PM  #8

Very nicely stated Mark, I always try to keep my posts short butt(TS) probably should've expanded it a little more than I did.  So I'm going to say, ditto what Mark just said.

66 Vert.  4.6 DOHC, 4R70 Auto, Heidt's M2 frontend

9/30/2013 8:24 PM  #9

Typically articulate Mark, well said.
Mark passed another initation to Bashing, albeit an easy one. He was there with there with the right tool to loan, when Tubo needed one. Thanks again Mark, a pleasure meeting you and your family.

Corky

If it ain't broke, I haven't modified it Yet

10/01/2013 9:55 PM  #10

Really a good post,MarkinSC!
All these years....I never knew "scenic" highway 27.....ended with a DEAD END sign!!
Man! I gotta get me a Garmin!!
6sal6
PS..We did have a cool trip,didn't we!

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

10/02/2013 1:52 PM  #11

MarkinSC wrote:

I thought it was funny how MS came up to me and said  " Hello, I'm Steve Wilkes" and puts out his hand for a hand shake, like I had no idea who he was or what he looked like, or why i just drove 500 miles.  LOL>  I wanted to say in my NJ sarcastic voice " Hello, i've only been conversing with you over the internet for like 6 years now. LOL. But i refrained. Again it was like meeting celebrity who actually wanted to meet me too.  

Mark, you have to remember that you may know what I look like from all the pictures, but I do not necessarily know what all of YOU look like!  I just think it would be rude of me to have people show up to a bash that I did not personally welcome and introduce myself to.  It is certainly a great thing to have the opportunity to meet everyone personally.  And if I do the same thing AGAIN, well... just remember, my memory is not as good as I remembered it being.  I wish I had thought to take a picture of each person so I could attach it to their name in my phone.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

10/02/2013 6:08 PM  #12

MarkinSC wrote:

The cars.... there were some great cars there.  I have my favorites.  Especially the Silver 65 mustang with the red interior. I hope someone posts some pics of it because it was beautiful.  It had a recessed antenna, and shaved door handles, bench seat, and was smooth with no chrome emblems and was real real sharp.   

Mark, here's a couple of pic's I took of Jim Cole's Coupe.  Way high on my list too.

10/03/2013 5:09 PM  #13

TimC wrote:

MarkinSC wrote:

The cars.... there were some great cars there.  I have my favorites.  Especially the Silver 65 mustang with the red interior. I hope someone posts some pics of it because it was beautiful.  It had a recessed antenna, and shaved door handles, bench seat, and was smooth with no chrome emblems and was real real sharp.   

Mark, here's a couple of pic's I took of Jim Cole's Coupe.  Way high on my list too.

Thats the one!  Jim Cole and his wife both had mustangs. Car was beautiful. Body and paint were perfect.  Thanks TimC for the pics.  TimC  it was nice meeting you too! 

10/03/2013 5:23 PM  #14

Anyone get pics of the beautiful Yellow and Black 70 mustang?  Somehow I missed getting pics of that one.  That was real nice too. 

I had put my pictures under another post on the Index\Bash pics post that Ramses started.  For those that missed that.

I also wish I took pics with my phone so i can connect the dots with real names - screen names - faces - cars.     That would have been a good idea.  I was on sensory overload that weekend.

10/03/2013 5:31 PM  #15

6sally6 wrote:

Really a good post,MarkinSC!
All these years....I never knew "scenic" highway 27.....ended with a DEAD END sign!!
Man! I gotta get me a Garmin!!
6sal6
PS..We did have a cool trip,didn't we!

Mike, one day I gotta make the trip to charleston for a visit.  Its only about a 3 hour ride.  Sorry to hear of your car troubles on the way home.  all i got to say is " Fuhgetabout it."  LOL

10/03/2013 5:34 PM  #16

terry wrote:

well said Mark!  welcome to the HAS BEENS, has been to a bash!  It was good to meet you in person!  

Terry, thanks for the T shirts, they are great!  I was looking forward to seeing your custom console in person. Again nice to meet you too!

10/04/2013 8:27 AM  #17

MarkinSC wrote:

Anyone get pics of the beautiful Yellow and Black 70 mustang?  Somehow I missed getting pics of that one.  That was real nice too. 

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.