FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/28/2014 4:10 PM  #1

Newbie with a '66 Falcon

Hello. My name is kinda obvious & I answer to "Tony". I'm a Ford man through & through, although i currently only own a '89 Mustang convertible(no classics at this time). I'm posting this for a friend; Chuck Freshwater whom own's the '66 Falcon in question. I'm the guy whom does all the wrenching on this car fr him since I love to work on Fords; especially any classics. I figured I'd tell the whole story since I think it may be interesting... If your bored; skip to the end for the pictures.... ;)

I met Chuck in San Bernardion around 1999 \ 2000. I didn't know Chuck from apple butter; but I needed a partner in a double's dart match at the local watering hole. He invited me onto his foyer, the door to his garage was barely cracked open, & I noticed the Falcon. I asked him about it & mentioned that it didn't run & needed allot of work. i told him I know quite a bit about early Fords & I could help him out as time allows. We've been friends ever since.....
 From 2000 to 2004, I did some of work to it. I converted the front end to Granada V8 brakes, built an '86 5.0 H.O. motor for it(got rid of the tired 6 banger of course), coverted it to electronic ignition, swapped in a C4, etcetera. In 2004, he got a divorce, sold the house, & moved to Salt Lake City, Utah. He drove it for a couple years; back & forth to & from California. Then he put it in a barn for the next 7-8 years. Advancing to the year 2013; I fall on hard times & decide to move to Salt Lake City. Deja 'vue strikes.... Chuck wants to get the car back on the road. So far in the last 6 months: rebuilt the Holley carb, replumbed or replaced the fuel system, had the C4 built( I could have done it if I had the facilities; unfortunately iI currently do not), converted it to 3G 140 amp alternator, & installed new headlight housing for modern halogen bulbs. Currently, I'm working on the steering problems(bad trammeling at highway speeds),  looking to convert it to an AOD or T5 manual soon, & possibly get it painted by the end of the year.....

One last thing: If there are any other early Falcon owners up here in Salt Lake; I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for looking.

Firing up the engine for the first time in 7-8 years.....

http://s778.photobucket.com/user/anthonydalrymple/media/Chucks%2066%20Ford%20Falcon/20131019_161838_zps10dd02ce.mp4.html

Last edited by anthonydalrymple (4/28/2014 4:20 PM)

4/28/2014 4:15 PM  #2

Re: Newbie with a '66 Falcon

Last edited by anthonydalrymple (4/28/2014 4:18 PM)

5/10/2014 1:02 PM  #3

Very nice Falcon Anthony! She looks to be in great shape.

5/21/2014 12:35 AM  #4

it's looking good now! those baby moons sure take me back about 35 years!

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.