FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/06/2014 8:51 AM  #1

A note to good friends, seldom seen... (Bash follow-up...)

I wanted to take a moment to thank a bunch of you for sharing yourselves in this forum.  Dudes are particularly bad at expressing themselves so let's not get too gooshy.  It was just a pleasurable experience meeting with the lot of you in Illinois last weekend.  It confirmed what I thought I knew about the majority of the guys here.  It's a bunch of genuinely helpful folks, from all walks of life, eager to help, with little to gain other than the satisfaction of being good guys. If we lived closer, I could imagine any number of you bending over backwards to help with issues, even showing up in each other's garages.  While you can't be there in person, you sure are there in spirit, helping when you can.  After meeting a decent number of you, It feels like a brotherhood. I seldom find that kind of comradery in life, and it makes me thankful for the lot of you.  Thought I should tell you all!

So thanks guys, every one of you, for being so willing to share your experience and know-how.  And thanks to Steve for sponsoring such a fantastic forum. In case you didn't already know, you are greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Lance

10/06/2014 9:41 AM  #2

Re: A note to good friends, seldom seen... (Bash follow-up...)

Glad you can make it and from now on I'll consider all of us "Band of Brothers"  wait ,, that might already be used for something else,,  

Last edited by Don (10/06/2014 11:52 AM)

10/06/2014 10:36 AM  #3

Lance,

Likewise (sufficiently nongooshy?)

10/06/2014 11:47 AM  #4

"Bromance"

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

10/06/2014 12:15 PM  #5

It always has amazed me how many great friendships have come about because of a little get together called the BASH.
It was good to meet you.  I look forward to many more of these get togethers.  Just wait to see what happens in 2019.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

10/06/2014 1:28 PM  #6

Thanks for your thoughts and comments, Lance.  It was truly a pleasure to talk to you and your lovely wife.  Hope you  folks can make more of these though I understand the situation of having "un-interested" teen-aged type children to deal with.  Butt (TS&T), that won't go on forever and then there'll be no excuses.

Oh, I really like what you have done with that Vert too.

BB

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

10/06/2014 5:28 PM  #7

Lance I couldn't have said it better. My car would probably still be a boring 6cyl grocery getter if not for the generosity and patience of the guys on this forum. Hope that want to gosh you. 66coupe, 289,T5.

"anyone that stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty"Henry Ford

10/06/2014 5:36 PM  #8

Lanc it was great to meet you as well!  I was just talking to my wife today and I told her I must have been in a daze on Saturday cause I dint even look close at your car   I also was going to take advantage of your photography skills and was also going to line up all those fastbacks and get a pic!!  So much I wanted to do and so much I had to do!!!   

Anyway it was great to meet you and I did get to talk to your Wife a couple minutes! maybe we need to get together again! We only live an hour apart!!

4/14/2015 9:51 PM  #9

Hope you  folks can make more of these though I understand the situation of having "un-interested" teen-aged type children to deal with.  Butt (TS&T), that won't go on forever and then there'll be no excuses.

8/14/2015 8:23 AM  #10

Lance,

Very well written.  I think we all share your sentiment.  Hope to see you in September.

Mustang Steve Bash in Gruene, Texas September29-30, 2023

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.