FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/31/2014 3:03 PM  #1

MustangSteve's HEADLIGHT RELAY DIAGRAM for 65-66 Mustang

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

1/01/2015 2:45 PM  #2

Re: MustangSteve's HEADLIGHT RELAY DIAGRAM for 65-66 Mustang

Here is a wiring harness I bought on amazon, came direct from china, but the quality appeared very good.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H5JFHR0/ref=sr_ph?ie=UTF8&qid=1420144346&sr=1&keywords=relay+wiring+harness

It was just long enough for my 65 (no extra) and the nice thing was that it has a plug to tie into the old harness without any cutting/splicing and even the battery power cable all seemed cut to the right length.

Separate fuses for high/low so you shouldn't lose both beams at once and ground straps hanging from each headlight socket.  Overall was pretty happy with it.

The only negative was the sockets exit out the back instead of the sides like the oem style .. there is not much room behind the headlights so the wires were a little tight.

3/13/2015 7:20 AM  #3

That's an insane deal.  I was gonna build my own harness using head Light connector ends and other impossible to sourc factory ends.  But for that price I dunno if I could buy everything I would need cheaper.  There use to be a place online that sold pretty much any wiring connector known to man available.  I can't find it anymore they must have went under to bad it was a U.S.  company to.

12/28/2015 11:03 AM  #4

I built a new harness, it's not hard and we'll worth the effort.  I am planning on doing the same harness on the convertible.

65 coupe, 351w, c4, power disk brakes, power r&p, vintage air.

12/30/2015 8:50 PM  #5

Why are you doing this? Is it because of the amperage draw? Wouldn't LED's be better? Just askin.

70, ragtop 351W/416 stroker Edel Performer heads w pro flow 4, Comp roller 35-421-8. T5

9/15/2016 11:33 AM  #6

This takes voltage directly from the battery and supplies it through the relays to make the headlights brighter, bypassing the headlight switch for power.  It makes a noticeable improvement in lighting without having to buy new bulbs.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.