FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/12/2015 7:58 AM  #1

BASH info. I need headcount of who will be there Thursday by 6:30 pm

Since I have been in and out of the hospital for the last month, I am a little behind in getting things ready for the bash.

The caravan heading down from Dallas area will start Sept 10 at either my house or a designated stop on HWY 67 near Midlothian at around 10:00 AM.  We will proceed down 67 to Cleburne and then on to HWY 281 headed to Blanco, where we will then turn left to head to Wimberley.  HWY 281 is much more scenic and laid back than I-35.  It will take a little longer to get there, but will be alot easier to keep a caravan together when there is a car every 1/2 mile or so as opposed to I-35 where it would be a bumper to bumper white knuckle drive all the way down there. You will get to see some nice Texas hill country and some frozen-in-time small towns along the way.  It will be a much more leisurely drive.

If someone would like to help make up some bash fliers, it would be much appreciated.  All the info needed can be found at http://www.mustangsteve.com/msbdb.html    I need to get some to the places in Wimberley to post around town promoting the bash.

You can see the map on the BASH forum showing the Friday driving tour through the hill country.  We will be stopping for lunch at one of the last real PIT BBQ places that exists.  They are famous and have a big following among locals and celebrities that come for the BBQ.  They only take CASH, so be sure you have enough on hand for lunch Friday.
I have a tentative arrangement for a THURSDAY evening car show at a local downtown restaurant.  Dinner will be at 6:30 PM Thursday.  They can accommodate our entire group in the restaurant and have agreed to give us their private parking lot to park in as long as we will let their other patrons walk around and look at the cars.  They have a bar and live music after 9pm.

I am looking for a FRIDAY night restaurant that can fit us all.  There are several places along the river that have outdoor patios.  Mr Tim and I are planning a day trip down there in a week or so to finalize plans, and I am hoping to find some good Tex-Mex Mexican food for us but will have to see how big the places are.  I have a caterer coming from Dallas to cook and serve burgers on Saturday.

Now if I can just get my car put back together...

NOTICE THE RED LETTERS CHANGED FROM PREVIOUS POST.

Last edited by MustangSteve (8/13/2015 8:59 PM)

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

8/12/2015 9:34 AM  #2

Re: BASH info. I need headcount of who will be there Thursday by 6:30 pm

Get it finished Steve, I know you can in spite of the bad stuff you've had to endure.  You da man and that FB is da car!!

BB

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

8/12/2015 9:41 AM  #3

Sounds like you will be passing within about 3 miles of my house Just south of Glen Rose . I was hopeing the 67 would be ready for the Bash. It is so close , but not close enough. I will be driveing my latest barn find a 94 indy 500.I will join the caravan in Glen Rose.

8/12/2015 9:49 AM  #4

Guess I need to change my avatar "hickey" to.....Gitter Dun MS!...huh?!
Be the first time in a long time I will NOT be driving my old 66 Hot Rod. I'ts still sitting without paint(or nuth'in) in the Action Al's Paint&Body Shop. SHOULD have it out of the shop by bash time butt it doesn't have all the bumper-age and chrome-age and stuff to make a two day drive to TEXAS.
Besides............those new Ford Focus's are real pwoerhouses,I hear.
See ya'll there...looking for a few test rides with the guyz!!!!!!!!
6s6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

8/12/2015 8:43 PM  #5

The wife and I will see yall on Friday evening. We got a room booked in San Marcos.

I won't be driving a Mustang either the Sheryl's 325 convertible will have to do. 

John  -- 67 Mustang Coupe 390 5 speed

8/13/2015 9:50 PM  #6

Anna and I will be there for the drive down.
Also I ran across a story of aplace we stopped in on the last Bash travel from Texas.
http://fox2now.com/2015/08/13/man-sues-throwed-rolls-restaurant-after-he-was-hit-injured-by-roll/

8/14/2015 5:51 AM  #7

Mike and I are leaving Wis. Tues. morning don't know where we will be Thurs morning but should be at Lodge I would hope by 6or 7 pm. Steve I thought i had your phone number, if you don't mind could you please send it to me Thanks JIM BOWIE

8/14/2015 6:10 AM  #8

Myself and my co pilot will be there thursday night. Unsure of our exact travel plans yet!

8/14/2015 6:35 AM  #9

My wife and I will be there Thursday. Need info where and when to meet. Comming from South/East Georgia.

8/14/2015 7:08 AM  #10

two please,  non smoking,  window view, free steak dinner  

8/14/2015 7:50 AM  #11

Duex for thurdays and beyond......

8/14/2015 8:10 AM  #12

I will join the caravan heading down from the Dallas area on Sept 10.

Mustang Steve Bash in Gruene, Texas September29-30, 2023

8/14/2015 9:48 AM  #13

I will be there.

HenryJ

8/14/2015 9:56 AM  #14

Cathie and I will be there.

8/14/2015 10:16 AM  #15

Mrs. BB and I are planning to be there mid-afternoon Thursday.

BB

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

8/14/2015 2:31 PM  #16

Deborah and myself will be there.

8/14/2015 3:12 PM  #17

Be in Houston Wednesday night, Wimberly sometine afore 6:30 PM
with the Mrs.

Tubo

If it ain't broke, I haven't modified it Yet

8/14/2015 6:39 PM  #18

Leonie and I will be there sometime Thursday arvo.

"Those telephone poles were like a picket fence"

8/14/2015 7:57 PM  #19

Me and Miss Shirley will be there, just have to decide on what to drive. I can bring a mustang or a classic car but don't want to upset the hard nose classic mustang guys.
thoughts or comments?

There is no "I" in team but there are 5 in individual brilliance.

8/14/2015 8:29 PM  #20

Dumnernhell wrote:

Me and Miss Shirley will be there, just have to decide on what to drive. I can bring a mustang or a classic car but don't want to upset the hard nose classic mustang guys.
thoughts or comments?

Drive what you want! We like cars.

8/14/2015 10:09 PM  #21

Dumnernhell wrote:

thoughts or comments?

Is there a bridge from NZed that I don't know about?

"Those telephone poles were like a picket fence"

8/15/2015 6:35 AM  #22

Cindy and I will be there on Thursday afternoon.

Bash Host MSBB XVI.       BobC    1966 Mustang Coupe

8/15/2015 9:43 AM  #23

Dumnernhell wrote:

thoughts or comments?

The "classic car" in question just happens to be my very favorite of that brand but that fact notwithstanding, there would never be any heartburn from here, Don.  Just git there!

BB

8/15/2015 12:43 PM  #24

We have had many different brands of cars at various bashes through the years. I remember a Malibu, a Ferrari, a Healey, a Dodge, a first-year hemi Chrysler and surely some more that I cannot remember. We are all Mustang enthusiasts but that does not keep us from owning and driving other cars as well. 
I am always appreciative when an enthusiast shows up at a bash show after traveling a good distance in an old restored, or a project in work, classic car of whatever brand.

Just get yourself there, no matter what you drive.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

8/15/2015 9:29 PM  #25

Carol and Sally will be there in time fer dinner!

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.