FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/20/2015 8:33 PM  #1

BASH 13 HOTEL RESERVATIONS

We have secured a block of fifteen rooms at the Holiday Inn Express in Montrose for June 23, 24, 25 (check out June 26). They will not hold an initial block of more than fifteen rooms but if we take them all they will add rooms at the same daily rate, if they are available. Since June/July is the high season here I suggest that you make your reservations as soon as you can. If we get very far down the road and try to add rooms to the block we may find that none are available.We have five non-smoking King and ten non-smoking two Queen rooms in the initial block and they will provide a marked, dedicated parking area for our group. They also provide a hot breakfast and limited shuttle service to/from the airport and local restaurants and there are plenty of areas in the hotel where we can gather in the evenings.

RATE: The rate for either room is $99.00 plus taxes which will bring the total to around $108.00/night.  Edit of 10-21-15:  Terry reports that he was able to save $10/day by making his reservation online.  Something to consider.

Reservations: Holiday Inn Express, 1391 S. Townsend Ave., Montrose, CO 81401
Phone 970-240-1800: Tell them you are part of the MustangSteve group. If they tell you the block is taken please contact me, Bob Evans, at 970-209-4468 and I will call and have them add rooms to the block if they are available, then call you right back. I'll be checking this regularly but it might get away from me.  Drop off date for the block is May 23, 2016.  Any rooms not reserved by then will revert to normal high season rates.

Alcohol consumption: The only downside for some of us (I ain't mentionin' any names) may be the fact that the hotel has a Tavern license and Colorado law requires that any alcohol consumed in the "public" areas of the premises be dispensed (that means sold) by the hotel. Consumption of your own stuff is only legal in your, or someone else's, private room. The hotel staff does watch and enforce this law.

Smoking: The facility is billed as 100% smoke-free. What that means is that no smoking is allowed within 15 feet of any entry door. Ash trays and butt snuffers are provided accordingly and also in the patio area.

Travel Information: I am preparing a couple of PDF documents explaining the good and bad of the various routes into Montrose and listing some things to see or do should you decide to come a day or two early or stay after the BASH. Or if you want to take an extra week and see some of our state.
Anyone wanting a copy of this information can send an email to: robertevans1945@gmail.com and simply put "bash info" in the subject line.  I hope to see you all next June. We have a nice venue lined up and this should be another great BASH.

BB

Last edited by Bullet Bob (10/21/2015 8:05 AM)

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

10/20/2015 9:56 PM  #2

Re: BASH 13 HOTEL RESERVATIONS

I am planning to attend.  I just made my reservations;but, they do not have the block of rooms set up yet.

Last edited by almcgee (10/20/2015 10:01 PM)

Mustang Steve Bash in Gruene, Texas September29-30, 2023

10/21/2015 8:19 AM  #3

almcgee wrote:

I am planning to attend.  I just made my reservations;but, they do not have the block of rooms set up yet.

Thanks Al, I signed the papers yesterday morning so they should be setup by now.  I'll check later this morning and make sure. 

Also to everyone.  Terry reports that he was able to save an additional $10 by making his res online.  That's surprising to me 'cause normally motels around here will be pretty high during the summer and this one should be near $130 to $140.

BB

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

10/21/2015 12:32 PM  #4

Just booked.

10/21/2015 1:26 PM  #5

Got mine booked and actually got a "DEAL"..........they booked me in the only Colorado Twin Peaks Super Jumbo Suite; has a King Size bed in the shape of a heart......even has a WET BAR!!!!!  

Let the party begin.......

10/21/2015 1:53 PM  #6

What's there policy on Smoking Weed BB?....

10/21/2015 2:51 PM  #7

So for grins I went online. $89.50/night right now.

• Non-Refundable Rate

But for 105/night you can cancel up to the day before...

"The OLDER I Get....The FASTER I Was..."

10/21/2015 2:51 PM  #8

josh-kebob wrote:

Got mine booked and actually got a "DEAL"..........they booked me in the only Colorado Twin Peaks Super Jumbo Suite; has a King Size bed in the shape of a heart......even has a WET BAR!!!!!  

Let the party begin.......

Been there...don't go there.

10/21/2015 2:52 PM  #9

Mach1_Ron wrote:

So for grins I went online. $89.50/night right now.

• Non-Refundable Rate

But for 105/night you can cancel up to the day before...

Wait 'til the get the stinking block in the stinking computer...rate will be $99.00

BB

10/21/2015 2:54 PM  #10

Steve69 wrote:

What's there policy on Smoking Weed BB?....

Like my info said....gotta be 15' from the entry door.  Weed, butts, El Ropo Regular...I don't think it matters in this stupid state any longer.

BB

10/21/2015 3:06 PM  #11

Okay....Here's the skinny.

The block has not been entered due to a lot of mumbo-jumbo butt,,,anyone that calls in and says Mustang Steve group will get the 99.00 rate even though any emailed confirm might say 105.00.  However, you need to call in on the phone number I included in the Res post above.  You can go online and get the 89.99 rate that Terry found but that will not alow any cancelation.  But, it you make the res via the phone number I listed you will get a 99.99 rate and can cancel up to 6:00 on your day of arrival without penalty.

You cannot be included in the block of rooms by going online...won't work, can't do it.

BB

Last edited by Bullet Bob (10/21/2015 3:08 PM)

10/21/2015 3:16 PM  #12

Steve-G wrote:

Just booked.

Steve, did you call the hotel directly or go online or call the national line?  When I spoke with them a few minutes ago she said she had only had one call all day.  You can beat the price online right now but that rate is NOT cancellable.  Just sayin.

BB

10/21/2015 5:05 PM  #13

Just booked our room. The lady on the phone was fully up to speed on the Mustang Steve Group rate. Everything set up and ready to go. Now I need to buy a Holley jet kit and practice changing jets for those three 11,000 foot passes.

10/21/2015 5:47 PM  #14

BB,  I called the local Montrose number and got the room reserved for $99.00.  I got an email confirming the $99 rate with cancellation priviledges.  Sounds like slow improvements to the reservation system are continuing.  This "early" Bash date is taking away my summer prep time...... I better head out to the garage...

10/21/2015 6:53 PM  #15

TimC wrote:

BB,  I called the local Montrose number and got the room reserved for $99.00.  I got an email confirming the $99 rate with cancellation priviledges.  Sounds like slow improvements to the reservation system are continuing.  This "early" Bash date is taking away my summer prep time...... I better head out to the garage...

I understand Tim.  We usually have a year but the decision to "go west" in early summer shaved off three month of the prep time...your's and mine.  So I got busy so's everyone would have plenty of time to make travel plans.  I do feel bad that it cut down on everyone's procrastination time.  LOL

See ya in June, Tim.  Please give our best to Janet also.

BB

Last edited by Bullet Bob (10/21/2015 6:54 PM)

10/21/2015 10:04 PM  #16

Booked!
All I have to do now is figure out in which mode of travel it will be done.

Tubo

If it ain't broke, I haven't modified it Yet

10/22/2015 5:16 AM  #17

BB Sorry for bringing this up!  I do admit I didn't read the rules on that rate.  I book thru a different source than the general public, and should have read the rules before I emailed you.  Imagine that, letting my mouth over ride my A@$!

10/22/2015 6:32 AM  #18

terry wrote:

BB Sorry for bringing this up!  I do admit I didn't read the rules on that rate.  I book thru a different source than the general public, and should have read the rules before I emailed you.  Imagine that, letting my mouth over ride my A@$!

No problem T.  Best to have all the options out there. 

BB

10/22/2015 10:29 AM  #19

Reserved.  I talked to Marcie and she knew exactly what days and rate. Thanks to all those that went before and got the process smoothed out.
Looking forward to seeing everyone in June.

Bash Host MSBB XVI.       BobC    1966 Mustang Coupe

10/22/2015 11:24 AM  #20

booked  I got the extra "pot" in my room

Last edited by Don (10/22/2015 11:25 AM)

10/23/2015 7:19 AM  #21

We got us a room, see y'all soon!! I got the night shift, she couldn't find the our group, but made reference to it on the conformation and gave us the $99 rate.

John  -- 67 Mustang Coupe 390 5 speed

10/23/2015 7:37 AM  #22

Reserved for Anna and Ed.

10/23/2015 9:53 AM  #23

Booked Thur, Fri. Sat. See you all

10/23/2015 12:06 PM  #24

Got mine.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

10/25/2015 4:31 PM  #25

Booked Thursday Friday Saturday Le Bon Ton Roule. Lol

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.