FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/05/2016 11:29 AM  #1

My 66 coupe everyday driver

Hi!

Me? I'm a French engineer, gear head, two stroke lover and builder. I moved to Texas in May 2015 for work... As I needed a car, I wanted a V8 because that is the most popular engine in the US but really fancy for Europeans. Why a 66 mustang? It's an icon! and it's the smallest classics that I know. The goal is to ship that car to France in 2 years when I plan to go back home.

My 66 coupe: I found it on Craigslist after 6 month looking for it. Bought it last Halloween.
C code with a 302 and a toploader 4 speed close ratio.
I have an Edelbrock 289 intake, Edelbrock 600cfm carb, old 3Y headers scott drake style, 2" H pipe.

What have I done up to now?
- ignition: Pertronics hall effect pick up to replace the points
- cooling: new aluminum radiator, new water pump, new thermostat, 6 blades fan.
- brakes: SSBC front conversion with 4 pistons calipers, double bowl MC, power brake booster.
- front suspension: all new + 1" shelby drop + 1" sway bar + 1" lowering coils + Monty bar.
- rear suspension: 4.5 leafs mid eye + sway bar + traction bars (not yet welded)
- gear box: complete rebuild + new u-joints and balance on shaft.
- power steering conversion from Borgeson

to come (wish list):
- install my export braces (I have received that yesturday)
- American racing Torq Thrust D in 15x7 with 225/60 and 215/60
- sub frame connectors
- find a 9" rear end
- positrack or limited slip
- 2.5" H pipe
- JBA long headers
- under dash AC
- replace winshield
- build a roller 302 stroker 347 and sell my actual 302

Lot of work done, still a lot to do... but for the moment it has always took me to work every morning!

Julien

Be careful, chrome won't get you home!

4/05/2016 12:05 PM  #2

Re: My 66 coupe everyday driver

Any pictures of your car to post?

65 mustang coupe, 351W, C6-  2800 stall, B&M blower, 9inch- trac-loc 3.70 gears

4/05/2016 2:17 PM  #3

Sounds like a winner Julien. Upload some pics when you post count is high enough.

John

4/06/2016 11:39 AM  #4

Pictures!

4/06/2016 3:00 PM  #5

Good looking car and sits nice!

65 mustang coupe, 351W, C6-  2800 stall, B&M blower, 9inch- trac-loc 3.70 gears

4/06/2016 3:18 PM  #6

Brents65 wrote:

Good looking car and sits nice!

Thanks Brent!
For me it just looks wierd with these tiny wheels and tires... 195/65/14! what a non sense.
;-) 

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.