FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/06/2013 9:27 PM  #1

My 67 Coupe Habit

I started out looking for a 72 Gran Torino 3 or 4 years ago since that was the first car I ever owned. Never could find one in my price range and the the movie came out with Clint Eastwood in and everything I was looking at went up even more. So I decided to restore something else first. Had an old Farmall and started on it. Tractor restoration is about the same as Mustang Steves law. What started out as a paint job, ended up with a full overhaul, new pistons, sleeves, valve job, ground the crank and etc.
After getting done painting the tractor, I started looking for a car again. Saw this Mustang on Ebay one day and watched it go out and then it was reposted later. Watched it again and finally put a bid in on the last day of the auction. Long story short, I won and the day after Thanksgiving in 2011 I drove 5 hours with my brother in laws truck and trailer and picked it up. Been working on it off and on ever since. The motor is a 302 with 5 speed, and 9"  limited slip 4.33 gears in it. That was all in the car when I got it. Since then I have put in a cable clutch, did the Granada swap on the front discs, put in all the brake lines, fuel lines, new rack and pinion and new radiator. Body is a 40 footer and will stay that way for awhile. Did start working on the hood, because it had some rust bubbles coming through.
I have found a lot of good info on this site, and thank everybody who has helped on any questoins I have had.

67 Coupe, 5.0 EEC IV Fuel injected. T5, 3:70 rear

6/07/2013 7:35 AM  #2

Re: My 67 Coupe Habit

That is a very sharp looking car.  Are you going to keep the rear gears?

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

6/07/2013 9:28 PM  #3

I don't know for sure yet. Haven't driven it too much or very far yet. It is a lot of fun but it revs really quick. Might have to change them to keep from scattering the engine.

7/07/2013 8:20 AM  #4

A few more pics

8/03/2013 9:26 AM  #5

love this car and flat blk hood is functional to reduce glare.   The look with those wheels and discs peeking through is vintage restomod.  I dig this ride!

10/22/2014 6:07 AM  #6

Looks nice car

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.