FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/23/2016 8:53 PM  #1

U-Pol Raptor bedliner - good substitute for factorysound deadener

When I did the undersides of my 65 FB, I removed all of the factory sound deadener/undercoating and painted the underside in Masterseries Silver and their AG-111 semi-gloss black.  Same for the underside of the front fenders and the inner fenders.  Very tough stuff, but no sound deadening.  Last weekend, I sprayed U-Pol Raptor beadliner in the rear wheel wells, front fenders and splash shields, and the torque boxes upward.  It's a 2K urethane.  I prepped by scuffing up the AG-111 with 150 sandpaper, and then used U-Pol's Grip #4 adhesion promoter.  I set the pressure at the shutz gun to about 30 and shot the stuff on.  Looks just like Ford did it.  Very tough so far.  Seems to be a good product.

Cheap, Fast, Good:  Pick Any Two

5/26/2016 11:50 PM  #2

Re: U-Pol Raptor bedliner - good substitute for factorysound deadener

Awesome good to hear I've read good things about that product.

6/02/2016 8:24 PM  #3

I've used the same stuff for the underside as well as the inside floors.  It works and looks good!

6/16/2016 9:41 AM  #4

What about sound-deadening improvement??

7/01/2016 1:05 AM  #5

What about SPI epoxy primer for inside on the floor as well as underneath. What I would do is add micro balloons to the epoxy. This will give amazing sound deadening properties. Problem with undercoating or truck bed liner is they will hide rust.

7/19/2016 8:41 PM  #6

Hey Yamaha, what is micro balloons?  Sounds like some kind of additive?

7/20/2016 11:14 PM  #7

It's an additive. They use them in lizard skin which is a highly used product for heat barrier or sound dampening.  I was also thinking about adding some balloons to elastomeric roof coating non asphalt based. The elastomeric has great heat barrier protection combine that with balloons and you'd have a heck of a good coating.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.