FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/21/2016 11:00 PM  #1

My 33 year Shelby Project is finally coming to an end.

Here are a few pictures of my project of 33... Well, I've owned it 33 years. 

8/21/2016 11:18 PM  #2

Re: My 33 year Shelby Project is finally coming to an end.

Yes, that is actually a Safety Convenience Group.

8/21/2016 11:43 PM  #3

8/22/2016 1:04 AM  #4

8/22/2016 12:37 PM  #5

"Wow"!  That's quite a car. Got to feel pretty good getting that close.

65 mustang coupe, 351W, C6-  2800 stall, B&M blower, 9inch- trac-loc 3.70 gears

8/22/2016 4:03 PM  #6

When I saw the title, I thought;  someone is giving up and is going to sell.     Glad you stuck to it!

8/23/2016 5:07 PM  #7

Beautiful car. I've drug my car around for 28 years. Glad to see I'm not the only one that needs half a lifetime to complete.

John  -- 67 Mustang Coupe 390 5 speed

8/23/2016 7:21 PM  #8

I am not one to take a lot of shortcuts. However, post being hit by a drunk illegal during a traffic stop, which wound up retiring me at 39. It slowed down my plans significantly.  I took the car to a "reputable" body shop with a 5K deposit, which went belly up. The chassis had been completed when I dropped the vehicle off. It was sat out back with a tarp over it. A new 427 wound up full of water, all the fasteners and plating had begun to pit and rust. It necessitated a complete disassembly and replacement and replating of many parts. I have done all the work with the exception of paint, machine work and the differential myself, although a bad back and knees keep me from going at it like I would have before being injured. So small doses is what had to happen. 
It surprises me how few understand what a labor of love and money a proper restoration cost, even when you do most of it yourself. As for dragging it around, I bought it two days before I left for OCS and Jump School at Benning. It sat in their garage for nine years while I was serving in the military.
Thank you for the positive comments.  
 I ran into Steve when I took the clutch pedal support over to him and had him install his bearing kit.

Last edited by 1967 GT500 (8/23/2016 7:25 PM)

9/24/2016 2:43 PM  #9

What colour blue is that, I really like it. Is it a solid or a metallic? Thanks.

9/28/2016 7:10 PM  #10

The color is Viper GTS Pearl Blue Metallic/ Stone white.  ( Blue code is: PBE, the white is: PW1)

Last edited by 1967 GT500 (9/28/2016 7:10 PM)

10/01/2016 9:19 AM  #11

1967 GT500 wrote:

The color is Viper GTS Pearl Blue Metallic/ Stone white.  ( Blue code is: PBE, the white is: PW1)

Thanks! - Going to use it on my 67 project that will be going to paint shortly. Was going to go with Acapulco blue but I like the Viper GTS Pearl better.

10/02/2016 7:02 PM  #12

Love it, really looks good.

11/16/2016 9:37 PM  #13

WOW it look incredible!!!!

11/17/2016 6:01 PM  #14

Is that a 390? What transmission are you putting in it?

2/02/2017 12:10 PM  #15

Suddenly, I feel very insignificant with what I've done to our long neglected 66 Coupe!  My mustang has its tail tucked between its legs!

Beautiful work.

2/11/2017 10:45 AM  #16

Really good looking work on your car. Congrats on sticking with it. You make me feel slightly better about my 22 year project.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.