FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/10/2017 5:30 PM  #1

'66 GT Fastback Driver

I'm new to the forum but thought the best way to introduce myself would be to introduce my Mustang.I've owned it for 20+ years and have just completed the mechanical redo. It is a factory GT built in San Jose and originally sold in Las Vegas.

It is a 302 with an Edelbrock top end, Holley 670 Street Avenger, JBA headers & exhaust, Ron Morris engine mounts, T-5Z five speed, Currie 3.55 Trac-Loc.

'66 GT Fastback, 302, Edelbrock top end, Sniper EFI, MSD, JBA Headers & Exhaust, T-5Z, Currie 3.55 Trac-Loc

1/11/2017 4:49 AM  #2

Re: '66 GT Fastback Driver

The volt gauge shown in the previous post is my current project. I got tired of starring at that useless AMP gauge, so after 20 years I finally decided to do something about it. I posted an online video that you can see at: https://youtu.be/HTePuE7azHo
It may not have the same impact on my build as the addition of the 5 speed or the Street Avenger, but it is very satisfying and comforting to watch that little needle move effortlessly across the gauge face!!!

'66 GT Fastback, 302, Edelbrock top end, Sniper EFI, MSD, JBA Headers & Exhaust, T-5Z, Currie 3.55 Trac-Loc

1/11/2017 9:30 AM  #3

Beautiful car, and very slick volt gauge mod!

1/11/2017 9:38 PM  #4

Great looking vehicle! I watched your video of the voltmeter conversion and loved it. I can't wait to purchase one. Welcome to the forum.
SteveinNC

1/11/2017 10:50 PM  #5

Welcome Rhutt.  Nice car.

Mustang Steve Bash in Gruene, Texas September29-30, 2023

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.