FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/14/2017 12:49 PM  #1

rally pack tacho , ideas for replacing

Hi all  ,
when i bought the rally pack for my 66 , i thought i was lucy to find one in working condition ...
but nothing to blame ... i bought on ebay used so , could happen .
i was googoling around to fix the problem and i found some good solution , but expensive so ....
i would like to ask if somebody has try to replace only the core of tacho adapting something aftermarket ,keeping the old case . A sort of frankenstine with a working brain .
i have found one gauge that more or less has the size of the old one and i am thinking to try to swap the core.
anyway is not working.
someone has try something ?
ciao !

12/14/2017 1:13 PM  #2

Re: rally pack tacho , ideas for replacing

This guy does rally pack conversions.  http://www.rccinnovations.com/index.php?show=menu-mustang-all
I haven't personally used his services, but I've heard good things about him.

12/14/2017 1:47 PM  #3

Michael H. wrote:

This guy does rally pack conversions.  http://www.rccinnovations.com/index.php?show=menu-mustang-all
I haven't personally used his services, but I've heard good things about him.

yes i know rocketman  ! I  i have send my ammeter to be converted to volt meter.
service is really really good !  i would like to find a cheap way to make it work .
thanks !

12/14/2017 3:03 PM  #4

I fit a modern tac in my OEM housing.  The reason its blue is I used blue glass.  I replaced the clock with LED's to indicate different things in the car... more idiot lights.

If it isn't broken...modify it anyway! http://www.DazeCars.com https://galaxieforum.boardhost.com

12/15/2017 2:53 AM  #5

Daze wrote:

I fit a modern tac in my OEM housing.  The reason its blue is I used blue glass.  I replaced the clock with LED's to indicate different things in the car... more idiot lights.

yes ! just like that !!!!

Please can you tell me which size of gauge you buy for this swap ? 
and how you conect it ?   i believe you havent use the pink wire , right ?   
thanks i like it  !   

12/15/2017 11:08 AM  #6

Daze, I thought those were Speed Racer specialty buttons. Buttons for sweeping headlights, oscillating circular saws, automatic jacks on all four corners that can also be used for jumping over roadway obstacles, or quick conversion to amphibious mode. The Mach 5 was my first automotive love.

'66 Fastback since July 27, 1981. Springtime Yellow, originally a 200 cu in, 4 speed. Also a '92 LX Coupe, 5.0, 5 speed.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.