FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/18/2019 8:44 AM  #1

MS can you fix this?

1/18/2019 9:10 AM  #2

Re: MS can you fix this?

Most of that should buff out!!

John  -- 67 Mustang Coupe 390 5 speed

1/18/2019 10:12 AM  #3

Must be loadin' it up for B&J, Snotsdale.  That's gotta be a $50K Fastback.

BB

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

1/18/2019 2:03 PM  #4

Bullet Bob wrote:

Must be loadin' it up for B&J, Snotsdale.  That's gotta be a $50K Fastback.  

BB

Maybe you could use the snow tires for Colorado BB?...LOL  

1/18/2019 3:27 PM  #5

Always makes me sad to see one end up that way, but yeah I am sure it will end up on CL as "rare" and "a diamond in the rough" for some obscene amount of money.

1/18/2019 3:58 PM  #6

Very "save-able"!   Butt-knott by me.
6s6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

1/18/2019 4:36 PM  #7

Chip and the Overhaulin' gang will have that done in one episode.

"anyone that stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty"Henry Ford

1/18/2019 5:02 PM  #8

It used to make me sad, but then I started to consider that every one that dies horribly just makes mine worth more.

Fixing that is something I'd have to relegate to Christ, because frankly I think it would be easier to raise the dead...

1/18/2019 8:29 PM  #9

There are parts on that I could use!

1/18/2019 8:30 PM  #10

Maybe I should have said Parts of Parts!

1/18/2019 8:39 PM  #11

I have seen cars in worse shape than that rebuilt. If it still has a readable VIN and it was a real GT, a guy that can weld on his own repo panels could build himself a real GT Fastback for about what they are selling for at the big auctions.

1/19/2019 6:34 AM  #12

Anything's possible, but given what we see in the picture I doubt there's enough metal to weld the good panels to.  The spring shackle mounts have rotted off, taking part of the rear frame rail with them.  The quarter panels (what's left of them) are paper thin.  Look where the quarter meets the rocker.  The front frame rail appears to be hanging down, likely because there's no floor left to support it.  Its not just rotted out; its rotted out and all twisted and warped.  I've seen straight rotted cars brought back, and I've seen rust free mangled cars brought back.  I've never seen one that was both brought back.  The undertaking would be monumental.  You'd need to basically build the chassis jig Ford used to build the cars, and for that you'd need a clean, straight, rust free example from which to take all the measurements. 

If the whole body is replacement parts its not considered real.  It could be rebodied.  I know there's people that feel both ways about that, but its been done a lot over the years with valuable cars of all makes. 

1/19/2019 8:23 AM  #13

I would at least cut the top off and save or sell it for someone wanting to convert a coupe to fastback.

1/19/2019 8:27 AM  #14

Do you think that car's being dropped off at the scrap yard or picked up from the scrap yard?  I can tell you which way it should be going....

1/19/2019 9:23 AM  #15

take to Gas Monkey Garage,  Richard will give it a coat of clear and IT's Good.  

1/19/2019 1:34 PM  #16

Trunk latch and bracket, fuel cap, tail light assemblies, back up lights - junk the rest.

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

1/19/2019 5:05 PM  #17

Yard Art - An artist could do wonders with that in YOUR front yard.

70, ragtop 351W/416 stroker Edel Performer heads w pro flow 4, Comp roller 35-421-8. T5

1/19/2019 8:45 PM  #18

Running when parked

68 Cougar XR7 347 stroker T5 3:80

1/20/2019 1:53 PM  #19

Don wrote:

take to Gas Monkey Garage,  Richard will give it a coat of clear and IT's Good.  

LOL

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.