FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/31/2019 5:42 PM  #1

Fuse panel search

I've begun a search for a junkyard fuse panel for my 66. I need one with ar least 12 circuits and flashers for turn and four way. Any suggestions?

"anyone that stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty"Henry Ford

3/31/2019 7:28 PM  #2

Re: Fuse panel search

I got an "auxillary" fuse block from West Marine. Any marine place should have'em and they won't be cruded up and under a dash somewhere!
6sal6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

3/31/2019 7:50 PM  #3

I agree, I picked up a Bussmann unit, this one is 5 fused relay circuits and 5 fused, but they have a lot of different configurations. You can see everything on the Bussmann site. It is nice and compact.

https://goo.gl/ZAMDrc

These guys make some nice set ups too, but you'll pay for their labor 

https://www.teamconcours.com/

Last edited by Raymond_B (3/31/2019 7:52 PM)

3/31/2019 9:30 PM  #4

I make my own with fuse blocks, relay sockets and terminals from Terminal Supply Co.  Haven't looked for flasher sockets but I'll bet they can be had.  I just gang as many fuse blocks and relay sockets as I need together and mount them on a piece of 1/8" ABS sheet or build an ABS box to contain everything. 

Power distribution box under the hood of our 66.(sorry it's sideways, TinyPic  ain't cooperatin')

Accessory fuse panel under the glovebox in our 66

This way I get what I need without stuff I don't need and I'm not dealing with used salvage stuff from the boneyard.

BB

Last edited by Bullet Bob (3/31/2019 9:38 PM)

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

4/01/2019 10:05 AM  #5

I did like Bob did and built my own. 1st I laid it all out on a piece of wood to make sure the circuits worked.

This is the final product, it evolved a bit as I built it, but it covered everything I needed plus a bit of growth. It's really not hard, just tedious laying everything out. There's the Bussmann relay fuse block and then assorted terminal gangs to handle the input and output of wires. The big red covers are 40A fuse links with covers that I found in the Waytek catalog, really fit the bill for high amp items.

4/01/2019 5:25 PM  #6

Some very impressive work BB and Raymond but what I'm wanting is a small fuse panel with at least 12 circuits and I want the flashers mounted in the panel. I've seen several after market ones from Painless and others but they're to pricey. That's why I'm going to search the local Pick-n-Pull. I love digging around that place anyway. I was hoping someone else had come across what I'm looking for.

"anyone that stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty"Henry Ford

4/18/2019 2:10 PM  #7

I noticed that Taurus, Rangers, 4 Runners have tidy little fuse assembly in engine compartment. I like the symmetrical look to those...and easy to get to as well.  Haven’t done it myself yet but I have looked at the possibilities of modern blade fuses.

4/18/2019 10:14 PM  #8

The ones that I've found that had the hazard and the flasher were some mid 90s fords 80-81 gm cars and trucks, early 90s jeeps.

4/18/2019 10:17 PM  #9

There is a flasher relay holder for the two pin flashers delcity.com sells them in their dilblox system. You could simply use a five pin relay holder and use the led flasher relay from superbriteleds.com or do like the factory did and use female connectors. Dorman makes a replacment holder.

4/24/2019 12:52 AM  #10

Why not check out  https://www.racersrods.com/default.asp?m=0 You could build a great system with delphi 4 gang fuse panels that are available from  rock auto for like 3 dollars.They also will accept interlocking relays which is awesome.

Last edited by True74yamaha (4/25/2019 4:59 PM)

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.