FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/13/2014 10:31 PM  #1

There are 550 members of FYIFORD who have never made a single post

This forum is for everyone, so if you have signed up and not posted, at least go to the TELL US ABOUT YOUR CAR forum and tell what you have or would like to have, and if you have any questions about anything Mustang or Ford related, go ahead and ask on the tech forum.

I know some folks just like to read along, but the more active participation there is, the better the forum will be.

I will probably be doing a purge of inactive members in a month or so.  If you have made at least one post, you won't be on the purge list.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

2/14/2014 7:20 AM  #2

Re: There are 550 members of FYIFORD who have never made a single post

It's probably the bragging rights!!

"Hey I'm a member of FYIFORD"

Steve do you have any "members only" jackets for us????

2/14/2014 7:25 AM  #3

terry wrote:

It's probably the bragging rights!!

"Hey I'm a member of FYIFORD"

Steve do you have any "members only" jackets for us????

Didn't Members Only Jackets go out with the 80's.... ROFLMAO

"The OLDER I Get....The FASTER I Was..."

2/14/2014 9:28 AM  #4

My 22 year old son just bought a members only jacket, I starting laughing when I saw it. I guess there are back in style. Kind of like our cars the old stuff is cool!

Yeah, I know, but...

2/14/2014 11:00 AM  #5

calistang wrote:

My 22 year old son just bought a members only jacket, I starting laughing when I saw it. I guess there are back in style. Kind of like our cars the old stuff is cool!

Hey! They were cool in their day. I had forgotten all about them.  Had a couple and wore them out.

2/14/2014 11:48 AM  #6

Hi guys
I have been viewing this site for quite a while,just never post.I have gooten a lot of useful ideas and tips from this forum,so I definately do not want to get purged.I have a 62 ford fairlane with a 68 302 with 289 heads.I have had this car for 15 yrs.It is basically a daily driver and I drive it often.Thanks for all the info I have gotten from this forum.The Mustang and the fairlane are not that much different.

2/14/2014 12:58 PM  #7

oldracer,
cool rides you have there and glad you shared that.
btw, what part of the world do you hail from???
jkb

2/14/2014 1:13 PM  #8

It's all about the bragging wrights

2/14/2014 3:06 PM  #9

josh-kebob wrote:

oldracer,
cool rides you have there and glad you shared that.
btw, what part of the world do you hail from???
jkb

Sioux City, Iowa judging from the IP address.

2/14/2014 3:25 PM  #10

For what it's worth the 2015 Mustang platform is the S550!

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

2/14/2014 4:52 PM  #11

I post rarely,But read every day. How many total do you have? This is still the best info site.

If its worth doing do it right !

2/14/2014 5:20 PM  #12

Damm where are my blue jean bell bottoms and blue jean Levi jacket,,, shiiiiiitttt  I still have my Levi jacket,, I bought it 1968,, thought it wasn't faded enough and it got lost in the closet for 45 years,, hummm it's a collector jacket,it it even has a date code on it, I'm thinking a even trade for a red 1969 T5,,   

2/14/2014 7:54 PM  #13

Just registered, so I'll try and keep up.

Rod

2/14/2014 8:08 PM  #14

Don wrote:

Damm where are my blue jean bell bottoms and blue jean Levi jacket,,, shiiiiiitttt  I still have my Levi jacket,, I bought it 1968,, thought it wasn't faded enough and it got lost in the closet for 45 years,, hummm it's a collector jacket,it it even has a date code on it, I'm thinking a even trade for a red 1969 T5,,   

Does it still fit or are you just staring at it now..................

2/14/2014 8:28 PM  #15

I rarely post but visit almost daily to learn about restoration. I have 2 65's under-going glacier-speed restoration. The free time I have now is spent helping my son restore a 69 SWB truck (sorry, it's a Chevy). And I have a Levi's jacket I bought over 20 years ago (and it still fits).

1966 Coupe, 1965 Fastback, 1968 Cougar

2/14/2014 10:17 PM  #16

josh-kebob wrote:

Don wrote:

leave it in closet, hasn't been close to fitting for over 40 years So been washed twice and worn once,, it's got to be worth something,,, along with my 1964 GI Joe, rare Russian model (no scar on face)  

Last edited by Don (2/14/2014 10:19 PM)

2/15/2014 6:55 AM  #17

Don wrote:

josh-kebob wrote:

Don wrote:

leave it in closet, hasn't been close to fitting for over 40 years So been washed twice and worn once,, it's got to be worth something,,, along with my 1964 GI Joe, rare Russian model (no scar on face)  

blue jean Levi jackets are back in fashion at least here in northern Europe... found five of them in the closet, three are mine and two are my wife's. My old one (ca 1977) still fits. Haven't seen bell bottoms since I don't know when though and hope to never see it again.

Here's some Mustang related fashion tips from Europe for y'all:

[img]http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/OTg4WDEwMjQ=/$(KGrHqZ,!hQFC5-7fgQgBQ8S3b8e-!~~60_12.JPG[/img]

2/15/2014 8:53 AM  #18

Hakan is correct.I live in sioux city Iowa

2/15/2014 2:21 PM  #19

oldracer17 wrote:

Hi guys
I have been viewing this site for quite a while,just never post.I have gooten a lot of useful ideas and tips from this forum,so I definately do not want to get purged.I have a 62 ford fairlane with a 68 302 with 289 heads.I have had this car for 15 yrs.It is basically a daily driver and I drive it often.Thanks for all the info I have gotten from this forum.The Mustang and the fairlane are not that much different.

One of my All Time FAVORITE Fords maybe the 57 style tail lights...I don t know knew a kid that had one back in the sixths....his grandpas built the engine with a trick CROSS RAM dual quad st up! Sweet !
How about post a pic?
6sally6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

2/16/2014 4:06 AM  #20

Members Only jackets were cool, but the day I bought mine, all the other members just quit....

John

Last edited by John (2/16/2014 4:16 AM)

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.