FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/06/2013 5:29 PM  #1

Wanted: 65 Drivers seat

WEll, after looking at the TMI Sport II seats, and deciding to get them, I looked my original seats over, to discover the drivers seat base is horribly twisted.
Looking for another that I can recover.
Local to St. Louis Mo  (Greg, Terry...) would be preferred due to shipping costs.

5/06/2013 7:42 PM  #2

Re: Wanted: 65 Drivers seat

so does that mean your looking for a factory drivers seat??  I have the set that came out of my 65.  they were recovered in 2009 and are blue and white pony seat covers.  only thing i remember that was an issue was the bolt that holds the seat back up needs fixed.  the seat tracks are on my new seats, the seats are taken apart and are in boxes

Last edited by terry (5/06/2013 7:43 PM)

5/07/2013 5:52 AM  #3

The tracks on the seat I have are repairable. (broken mounting stud.)
How much do you want for just the drivers or are you looking to sell the pair?

5/07/2013 10:55 AM  #4

i'd really like to sell the pair.  If I just sell one, not sure if I could sell the other.  I'll try to pull them out and take pics of them. they are really nice seats as far as original style seats go

5/07/2013 11:44 AM  #5

Don't go to any effort Terry.
Probably not what i'm looking for.
Hate to buy a pair of nice seats to only use one base as a core for new seatfoam and Palomino Sport II upholstery.
Thanks though.

5/07/2013 8:33 PM  #6

no problem Darren hope it works out for you!!

5/08/2013 8:13 AM  #7

well, Darren,   I have two sets of seats (66)   I have a kick -oh no I used a word I shouldn't have- set that came in the convertible,  and I have an set out of another 66 that need recovered.   they were messy.  If the frames are good and you can use them, they are yours.  

If multiple things can go wrong, the one that will go wrong will be the one that causes the most damage.

5/08/2013 12:41 PM  #8

PM sent, Greg.

5/12/2013 6:53 AM  #9

Thanks GregB for the seats.
They are all stripped down now, and the drivers base straightened and reinforced. (it did have a little bend in the track base...nothing serious.)
Time for some garage points.
It was great to meet you finally.
Maybe next time we'll have more time to share more stories.

darren

5/12/2013 9:39 AM  #10

Im glad  what you needed was in there.   I told ya they were ugly!  But I kept em around for such a need.  I figgered there was some good parts left on them.  

I thought I was going to be late, but instead of going back down to I64, I decided to take a chance and went up to the next exit Page.  I wound up being 15 minutes early!   Friday worked out for everyone! 

Last edited by Greg B (5/12/2013 9:41 AM)

If multiple things can go wrong, the one that will go wrong will be the one that causes the most damage.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.