FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/03/2013 2:13 PM  #26

Re: I think I'm about ready to try a 5.0 and EFI

from what I'm able to find out, I's all part of the "Tune", which is modifiable using a hand held "Tuner module".
 There is a basic one for the truck, for hauling & towing, For the Stang, one for the Boss & crate engines.
Haven't found the "issue " Yet!!

Corky

If it ain't broke, I haven't modified it Yet

6/03/2013 5:48 PM  #27

I think it's an awesome idea, I say go for it.

66 Vert.  4.6 DOHC, 4R70 Auto, Heidt's M2 frontend

6/04/2013 4:24 PM  #28

Tubo wrote:

.........Haven't found the "issue " Yet!!..........Corky

Oops, I spoke too soon. The  conversion Coyote 5.0's with automatics use 4R70W's, cos so far the Ford Racing PCM doesn't support an automatic. Though there are TCM's being developed that willoperate a 6R80. 
Though it might be possible to use a 6R80 if you will manually select each gear. Or some how get all the sensor feeds to an automatic version GT Mustang CPU.

Tubo

6/04/2013 8:13 PM  #29

Yes that 6 speed auto would be nice.   I contacted Gateway to see if they have a engine mounts that will bolt up with the shaved shocked towers.   I haven't heard back from them yet.

Steve69

6/04/2013 8:20 PM  #30

THEY DO THROUGH70

6/07/2013 1:10 PM  #31

excellent project! I want to do an efi V8 in my '64 fairlane someday down the road, a truck based coyote is a great way to go. I would also think of going megasquirt for the ECU, but I am not sure if it has been done on a coyote yet. Definitely a learning curve to using megasquirt and learning how to tune but it does make it cost effective. There are also megasquirt modules coming out that do transmission control.

I am on the fence with going old school efi 302, or doing the coyote thing. However the 289 is going to stay carbed when I first get it on the road

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.