FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/04/2015 8:12 PM  #1

Change in plans for Thursday dinner in Wimberley

The owner of the Cypress Creek Cafe emailed today and said she was no longer offering us a seating area or her patio or her parking lot for our Thursday night gathering. That kind of leaves us in a bad place but I sure as heck am not going to be tossing any money her way ever again.  She also tried to jack the price of the bash catering by over $800 so she will not be doing the catering for Saturday either.  Looks like we will be going to Sonic or somewhere else Thursday night, unless somebody has a better idea.  There are not alot of big restaurants in Wimberley, so we may have to split up and spread out if we want a sit-down meal.

So, the catering for the bash is now up in the air.  I will be calling everyplace I have not already called, but time is getting short to try and hire a caterer in a town where they all stay pretty busy.  Worst case, I will be cooking burgers myself, which I think would be the best way to get to be sure I meet everybody anyway.  Got to say hi to MS or no food!   Will see how this all plays out.  As far as food goes, Wimberley is not turning out to be MUSTANG BASH FAVORABLE.  But, seeing fellow Mustangers will be fun no matter what.

Am open to ideas from anyone, but my next effort is to see if a BBQ place will cater.  If all else fails, I will don the "WHAT ME WORRY?" apron and get after it myself!
We have a reservation for all of us at Milagros Mexican Restaurant on Friday evening, so that part is covered. 

Last edited by MustangSteve (9/04/2015 8:14 PM)

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

9/05/2015 7:28 AM  #2

Re: Change in plans for Thursday dinner in Wimberley

Ouch!  So much for the trip down early and planning.  I was looking forward to seeing how everyone would drive around that deep pit in her parking lot.

Mustang Steve Bash in Gruene, Texas September29-30, 2023

9/05/2015 7:33 AM  #3

Bummer, Dude. That is a big monkey wrench in the plans but nothing to stop the bash. We can always have a balona sandwich and Moon pie lunch. Whatever, we be coming.

There is no "I" in team but there are 5 in individual brilliance.

9/05/2015 7:33 AM  #4

Look into local Lions Club or churches in the area. Up here they are always doing barbecues.

9/05/2015 9:38 AM  #5

Did she offer a reason?  Its funny because on their web site it says "Let us host your event" "you will not find a better place at a better price for your event"  
That's pretty poor business practices where the event is a week away! 

9/05/2015 9:43 AM  #6

Creekside Cookers BBQ team and catering
512-947-1609
20 Creekside
Located in Wimberley,
Creekside Cookers BBQ team and catering is an award winning BBQ competition team. We offer full service buffet style catering for any size event!

http://www.saltlickbbq.com/pages/Catering.html

Last edited by terry (9/05/2015 9:51 AM)

9/05/2015 10:05 AM  #7

9/05/2015 4:24 PM  #8

REVISED PLANS

REMEMBER , there are lots of little places to go, but very few that can handle a group.

Thursday night.  Brewster's Brick Fired Oven Pizza and microbrewery.  6:30 PM

Friday lunch.   Salt Lick BBQ (part of the hill country tour)  OR you can eat in Gruene when there about an hour later.  BRING CASH.  They do not take credit cards or checks.

Friday night.       Milagro's Mexican food.  They have parking lot where cars can be displayed.  Large dining room reserved for us.  Might not all sit at same table, but that is OK.

Saturday Lunch at the BASH.  Miss Mae's BBQ (figured Tubo would like this one) we will have brisket, sausage, fixins, sides and apple and peach cobblers.

OK, done deal.

9/05/2015 4:41 PM  #9

Man, you do know how to "git 'er dun", MS.  Sounds great. But then, a PB&J sammich in the park with all the Bashers would sound great to me.

BB

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

9/05/2015 4:45 PM  #10

MAPS PLEASE 

9/05/2015 8:15 PM  #11

Thanks for all your hard work Steve. I'm really looking forward to bashin' it with you guys.

HenryJ

9/05/2015 9:27 PM  #12

What time is dinner on Friday? Got a 2 o'clock appointment for a passport in Houston. Not sure if we will make it in time or not.

Edit for phat fingering keyboard!

Last edited by Bolted to Floor (9/06/2015 7:43 AM)

John  -- 67 Mustang Coupe 390 5 speed

9/06/2015 10:06 AM  #13

Bolted to Floor wrote:

What time is dinner on Friday? Got a 2 o'clock appointment for a passport in Houston. Not sure if we will make it in time or not.

Friday dinner around 6:30 at Milagro's    Most of the places in Wimberley close early, like 9:00 pm.  I think they roll up the sidewalks at 9 for most places there.  Some of the places have live music and stay open later. but they are too small for our group.  And one certain restaurant that does have live music and a nice patio will not be getting once cent of my money.

Last edited by MustangSteve (9/06/2015 10:06 AM)

9/06/2015 10:39 AM  #14

MustangSteve wrote:

Bolted to Floor wrote:

Friday dinner around 6:30 at Milagro's    Most of the places in Wimberley close early, like 9:00 pm.  I think they roll up the sidewalks at 9 for most places there.  Some of the places have live music and stay open later. but they are too small for our group.  And one certain restaurant that does have live music and a nice patio will not be getting once cent of my money.

We'll be there as soon as we can and boycott them with you. 😤

MS thanks for all the coordinating and scheduling.

Last edited by Bolted to Floor (9/06/2015 10:40 AM)

John  -- 67 Mustang Coupe 390 5 speed

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.