FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/26/2016 12:14 PM  #1

Home from the Bash

We had the shortest distance to go and are home safe and sound. I tried to shake the Wisconsin bound 66 that was on our tail all the way but could not. Jim and Mike were cruising happily along when when we turned into our road to go home. 

While the trip was short, 500 miles in all, it was the first time our 67 has ventured that far from home.

We had a wonderful time and met a lot of new friends. Thank you for accepting us into the group.

Gary Zilik

Gary Zilik - Pine Junction, Colorado - 67 Coupe, 289-4V, T5

6/27/2016 11:16 AM  #2

Re: Home from the Bash

Post pictures SIr... for people like me who didnt get to go.. I can live vicariously through you all ... through those pics and videos!!

If it aint broke, I have'nt tried to "Fix" it yet!

6/27/2016 1:33 PM  #3

Karol & I waved as we drove through Pine Junctioon. Too bad we didn't perarrange traveling with You and Carolyn Throughly enjoyed meeting Ya'll and look forward to seeing you folks in FWB(Ft Walton Beach)
We are sitting layover at Houston Hobby, should be home by 7 PM
Buen Camino

Corky

Last edited by Tubo (6/27/2016 1:39 PM)

If it ain't broke, I haven't modified it Yet

6/27/2016 1:45 PM  #4

this Ft Walton beach bash is next year 2017 or this year... ? year with two bashes.. may be ? :D :D

If it aint broke, I have'nt tried to "Fix" it yet!

6/27/2016 2:37 PM  #5

Tubo wrote:

Karol & I waved as we drove through Pine Junctioon. Too bad we didn't perarrange traveling with You and Carolyn Throughly enjoyed meeting Ya'll and look forward to seeing you folks in FWB(Ft Walton Beach)
We are sitting layover at Houston Hobby, should be home by 7 PM
Buen Camino

Corky

Well crap Corky. I guess I really had no idea what your travel plans were or we would have arranged a 3 ship cruise to Denver. See you next year!

Gary

6/27/2016 2:38 PM  #6

Gaba wrote:

this Ft Walton beach bash is next year 2017 or this year... ? year with two bashes.. may be ? :D :D

Me thinks the Bash is next year, date to be determined. Octoberish I think.

Gary

6/27/2016 2:39 PM  #7

Gaba wrote:

Post pictures SIr... for people like me who didnt get to go.. I can live vicariously through you all ... through those pics and videos!!

Unfortunately I am not a picture taker or I would.

6/27/2016 7:31 PM  #8

Mrs jkb and i rolled in to okc at 1040pm yestrrday

I got up at 0400 this morning and made it to the airport at 0500.

Got to Flint at 1245 and drove three hours North to the summer condo....dog butt tired but safely home........no animals were sacrificed on this portion of the trip....

6/27/2016 7:34 PM  #9

We're home, bags unpacked, and getting ready for 3:19AM wake up. Got to work tomorrow, Ya know I think I'm bout ready to quit this work nonsense.
As fer the Bash I'm sure MS will say something afore too long.
Bien Camino Ya'll

Tubo

If it ain't broke, I haven't modified it Yet

6/27/2016 9:11 PM  #10

The wife and I rolled into El Dorado at 5:30 this afternoon, we had a blast looking forward to next year on the beach. Sorry it took so long to post but we had to go and get our little girl (pup) from my brother-in-law. we had a great time and meet some new friends and saw some old friends got to clear off got a 5am wake up call for work see you later.

A bad day working on your mustang beats a good day at work anytime

6/27/2016 10:12 PM  #11

Coupe and Felicia home safely. What a adventure 6 days 2800 miles great people,beautiful mountains about 40 plus hours in a 51 year old car and with Gods grace we are home safely, dispite high temperatures,rain,hail,sand storm,car troubles late nights and early rising what more can a man ask for.thanks for one hell of a ride with friends I will never forget good night.

6/29/2016 8:56 PM  #12

I kept asking Doug if and how all of the trips went in getting home.  He handed me the forum and I got all my questions answered or most of them!  Glad everyone made it home safely.  We headed home and arrived Monday at noon.  Back to work and reality!  😔  We so enjoyed getting to meet new friends and looking forward to going to our 3rd bash next year in FL.

70, ragtop 351W/416 stroker Edel Performer heads w pro flow 4, Comp roller 35-421-8. T5

6/29/2016 9:59 PM  #13

Made it home in 2 days.  Son had to go to work, so we skedadled down the highway to Dallas.

Last edited by almcgee (6/29/2016 9:59 PM)

Mustang Steve Bash in Gruene, Texas September29-30, 2023

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.