FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/28/2016 7:22 PM  #1

Start making plans. Sat, Oct 7, 2017 Ft Walton, Beach FL, BASH XIV

See you in Florida!

BASH XIV will be Sat, Oct 7, 2017 in Ft Walton, Beach FL

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

6/29/2016 3:35 PM  #2

Re: Start making plans. Sat, Oct 7, 2017 Ft Walton, Beach FL, BASH XIV

954 Miles.  I just checked. 

Bash Host MSBB XVI.       BobC    1966 Mustang Coupe

6/29/2016 8:29 PM  #3

Oh man, what a great location!

6/30/2016 6:06 AM  #4

1511 Miles for us.
Gary

Gary Zilik - Pine Junction, Colorado - 67 Coupe, 289-4V, T5

6/30/2016 9:43 AM  #5

RV6 wrote:

1511 Miles for us.
Gary

We'll meet you in Pueblo or Walsenburg, Gary.  Say Hey to Carolyn for us, we'll see you folks soon.

BB

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

6/30/2016 9:52 AM  #6

Bullet Bob wrote:

RV6 wrote:

1511 Miles for us.
Gary

We'll meet you in Pueblo or Walsenburg, Gary.  Say Hey to Carolyn for us, we'll see you folks soon.

BB

We have a plan! I like that.

Gary

Gary Zilik - Pine Junction, Colorado - 67 Coupe, 289-4V, T5

6/30/2016 2:41 PM  #7

Gosh, I should be ready by then or I'm going to have to hire a mechanic.

John

6/30/2016 2:56 PM  #8

Less than 600 miles, might be able to make it in one day. 🏁

Life is too short to drive a boring car😎

6/30/2016 5:12 PM  #9

We are planning to be there next year have started working on the car and plan on being there with all our new and old friends.

A bad day working on your mustang beats a good day at work anytime

6/30/2016 6:40 PM  #10

Looking forward to it👍

7/04/2016 3:44 PM  #11

Jwarley wrote:

Looking forward to it👍

John, this trip is less parking-brake-sensitive as well.  The sand will stop the car way before it rolls into the Gulf of Mexico.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

7/04/2016 5:40 PM  #12

Heard Florida sand is sooo much better/less compacted than Texas so will definitely enhance resistance required

Might still get a boat anchor just in case since GOM is so close by!

Last edited by Jwarley (7/04/2016 5:43 PM)

7/05/2016 8:40 AM  #13

MS wrote:

Jwarley wrote:

Looking forward to it👍

John, this trip is less parking-brake-sensitive as well.  The sand will stop the car way before it rolls into the Gulf of Mexico.

"trip is less parking-brake-sensitive"
hahahahahahahhh   hah haa   Yep Steve is a "Master Brake" man.     I always wondered what happens when one leaves car without setting parking brake. It's more fun up in the mountains.   

7/05/2016 12:55 PM  #14

Gabas will be there !!

If it aint broke, I have'nt tried to "Fix" it yet!

7/06/2016 7:17 PM  #15

Al McGee will make the trip.  Will we meet up with the Houston crowd?

Mustang Steve Bash in Gruene, Texas September29-30, 2023

7/07/2016 9:58 AM  #16

Al, you do realize that the trip is fifteen months from now, don't you?

7/12/2016 3:26 PM  #17

Come hell, High water, and the creek don't rise I will be there. 

I made enough money to buy Miami, but pissed it away so fast

9/12/2016 7:22 PM  #18

Woohoo..!  Hope to have two cars ready to go so my daughter and son in law can follow..!!

Whit & Jenny Boyd

9/17/2016 11:24 PM  #19

LOOKING FORWARD TO THE FT.WALTON BASH

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

9/29/2016 8:54 AM  #20

Hornman,

yea, I know it's next year, dangit'.  Wish it was this year; lots of fun and adventure on the road with the mustang crowd.

Last edited by almcgee (9/29/2016 8:55 AM)

9/29/2016 8:57 AM  #21

Hey Corky,

Are ya doin' the "shrimp thang" again?

10/06/2016 7:23 PM  #22

Hmm...1532 miles for me.  If all goes according to plan, my car may have been running for a month by that point.  That may be a bit ambitious for my first road trip.  Looks like a beautiful destination though.

10/09/2016 9:54 AM  #23

Chaplin wrote:

Hmm...1532 miles for me.  If all goes according to plan, my car may have been running for a month by that point.  That may be a bit ambitious for my first road trip.  Looks like a beautiful destination though.

Not true, Chaplin.  We finished  the  Heap a year  ago  last  August.  Had new everything  including  heads ,  cam , rockers, end-to-end  wiring, 8.8 rearend, all new brakes, all fresh plumbing, and  a new home brew Heat/AC system.

I  ran about  400 miles  on it  and  took  off  for  Wimberley...just Jean and I, no traveling  partners.  Ran just  above  the speed limit  all the way.  Had three  problems, AC switch  died due to a bad spade connector, had to adjust  the idle air for low altitude, one heater hose was determined  to leak no matter what I did.

Bring a good cell  phone, a AAA card, and  an empty  credit card.  I would  say  that  the  Texas bunch had more problems  coming here  this year than  on any other Bash trip...all related  to  high altitude   (over 11000 feet).

Make sure the electrics are good  and that it's  jetted correctly  for your home elevation.  Do not leave with any heating  or fuel-starvation problems...or any mysterious  issues and you'll  do fine.

And, since you are  traveling  that  far, you will probably  find folks  to  cruise  with...where are you coming from anyway?

BB

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

10/14/2016 4:25 PM  #24

Bullet Bob wrote:

Chaplin wrote:

Not true, Chaplin.  We finished  the  Heap a year  ago  last  August.  Had new everything  including  heads ,  cam , rockers, end-to-end  wiring, 8.8 rearend, all new brakes, all fresh plumbing, and  a new home brew Heat/AC system.

I  ran about  400 miles  on it  and  took  off  for  Wimberley...just Jean and I, no traveling  partners.  Ran just  above  the speed limit  all the way.  Had three  problems, AC switch  died due to a bad spade connector, had to adjust  the idle air for low altitude, one heater hose was determined  to leak no matter what I did.

Bring a good cell  phone, a AAA card, and  an empty  credit card.  I would  say  that  the  Texas bunch had more problems  coming here  this year than  on any other Bash trip...all related  to  high altitude   (over 11000 feet).

Make sure the electrics are good  and that it's  jetted correctly  for your home elevation.  Do not leave with any heating  or fuel-starvation problems...or any mysterious  issues and you'll  do fine.

And, since you are  traveling  that  far, you will probably  find folks  to  cruise  with...where are you coming from anyway?

BB

I have to see if my car will even be done by then.  It just came out of the paint booth a week or two ago and it's almost ready for me to bring it home and put it all back together.  The shop is blasting and painting the convertible top frame for me and reinstalling it, then the painted rolling shell will come home. 

I'm in Maine, so I am hoping for a long winter this year to give me lots of garage time to get it all back together, but I will be starting from basically from scratch with the shell.  I have all the brake parts, front buckets from an 05, a bare 5.0 roller block sitting at the machine shop currently and that's about it.  I  need all wiring, plumbing, trans, drive shaft, radiator, fuel system, interior, gauges, new top, glass installed, etc., etc., etc.  You guys know how it goes

12/04/2016 3:12 AM  #25

MY CAR HAD 50 MILES ON A TOTAL REBUILD FROM ONE END TO THE OTHER AND MY FIRST TRIP IN IT WAS TO THE BASH IN TEXAS I WAS SO NERVOUS,,,,I HAD NEVER BEEN PAST ALABAMA DRIVING LOL...I HAVE DROVE IT THERE 2 TIMES AND TO TENN 2 TIMES AND ALSO TO FLORIDA AND ILLINOIS NOW.STILL GETTING AROUND 22 MPG.

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.