FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/29/2016 1:44 PM  #1

My Fitech EFI video

9/29/2016 6:23 PM  #2

Re: My Fitech EFI video

I like it. I like the idea of using the mechanical fuel pump to draw from the tank. Looks old school with the air cleaner and all. The rest of the car is really nice too.

"anyone that stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty"Henry Ford

9/29/2016 6:41 PM  #3

BillyC wrote:

I like it. I like the idea of using the mechanical fuel pump to draw from the tank. Looks old school with the air cleaner and all. The rest of the car is really nice too.

Thanks BillyC!

9/30/2016 6:12 PM  #4

Thanks for the video.  I am going to be installing the FiTech system on mine too.

Have you driven it much yet?

Last edited by Chaplin (9/30/2016 6:12 PM)

9/30/2016 6:37 PM  #5

Chaplin wrote:

Thanks for the video. I am going to be installing the FiTech system on mine too.

I haven't put on a ton of miles but it does run and start great!   When its cold you can hit it hard and there's no bog.  It just gets up and goes.  I'm very happy with it so far.   Steve69

10/01/2016 12:08 AM  #6

Steve69 wrote:

Chaplin wrote:

Thanks for the video. I am going to be installing the FiTech system on mine too.

I haven't put on a ton of miles but it does run and start great!   When its cold you can hit it hard and there's no bog.  It just gets up and goes.  I'm very happy with it so far.   Steve69

I have about 1000 miles on mine and it works great.  Sometimes it stalls when coming to a stop, but I am still doing some tuning.  I have not tested mileage because I have not taken it on any kind of drive yet.  It drives much more smoothly than the carbs it replaced.  Hot and cold starting work great.

Original owner - 351w,T-5, 4whl disks, power R&P

10/01/2016 4:26 AM  #7

lowercasesteve wrote:

Steve69 wrote:

Chaplin wrote:

I have about 1000 miles on mine and it works great.  Sometimes it stalls when coming to a stop, but I am still doing some tuning.  I have not tested mileage because I have not taken it on any kind of drive yet.  It drives much more smoothly than the carbs it replaced.  Hot and cold starting work great.

What kind tuning are you doing?  Had it stall once when coming to a stop. That was the only time.

10/02/2016 2:55 PM  #8

Steve69 wrote:

lowercasesteve wrote:

Steve69 wrote:

What kind tuning are you doing?  Had it stall once when coming to a stop. That was the only time.

I'm adjusting the idle speed.  What happens is that the engine rpm comes way down sometimes and dies when I am stopping and suddenly push in the clutch.  even if it does not die, the rpm surges up and down a couple of times before it settles out.  Unfortunately, this has only occurred a couple of times, so it is difficult to determine exactly what is happening.

10/02/2016 4:39 PM  #9

lowercasesteve wrote:

Steve69 wrote:

lowercasesteve wrote:

I'm adjusting the idle speed.  What happens is that the engine rpm comes way down sometimes and dies when I am stopping and suddenly push in the clutch.  even if it does not die, the rpm surges up and down a couple of times before it settles out.  Unfortunately, this has only occurred a couple of times, so it is difficult to determine exactly what is happening.

What do  your IAC steps in the dashboard screen read?

Larry

10/02/2016 5:01 PM  #10

Grabber Blu wrote:

lowercasesteve wrote:

Steve69 wrote:

What do  your IAC steps in the dashboard screen read?

Larry

I have to admit that I am not doing it myself.  Between my eyes, hands, and back I am past the do-it-yourself stage.  I have a Mustang mechanic doing the work, so I don't know what those numbers are.  Maybe I should go out and look at them.  That is something I can do.  I'll get back to you.

10/02/2016 5:56 PM  #11

Pretty easy to adjust, can give you direction on how to do..so let us know what the steps are in "N" with it fully warmed up

Larry

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.