FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/27/2016 12:33 PM  #1

My pinstriping and custom painting progress

2/27/2016 9:38 PM  #2

Re: My pinstriping and custom painting progress

I know one-shot is like the ole faithful paint in the pinstriping world but I was curious what other paint some of you guys might be using.  I'm aware of the house of color and the custom shop enamels. Besides the noted paint do you guys like any others?

2/27/2016 10:25 PM  #3

Looks awesome! You should ask over on the SPI forum, some of those guys are artists

2/27/2016 10:51 PM  #4

SPi is an awesome forum Berry has great advice products and service. I'm going to be using his universal clear on my truck and mustang.

2/28/2016 4:38 PM  #5

True74yamaha wrote:

SPi is an awesome forum Berry has great advice products and service. I'm going to be using his universal clear on my truck and mustang.

Yeah he's a great guy and business owner. I just got done painting my Lightning's front frame and lots of small parts with Epoxy. Love that stuff.

That one guy Jim C, has done some fabulous custom work. You should look up the thread where he painted a metal door to look like wood. It was amazing, and the bikes and stuff he does are pretty spectacular.

Last edited by Raymond_B (2/28/2016 4:40 PM)

2/28/2016 7:03 PM  #6

That's awesome I know who you are talking about me and him have chatted on that forum. Me instructor at the community college also knows him.  My instructor is a custom painter he owned a custom shop for 40 years I beleive it was.  A lot of cool things you can do.  Have you by chance used the SPI clear yet?

2/28/2016 8:26 PM  #7

True74yamaha wrote:

That's awesome I know who you are talking about me and him have chatted on that forum. Me instructor at the community college also knows him. My instructor is a custom painter he owned a custom shop for 40 years I beleive it was. A lot of cool things you can do. Have you by chance used the SPI clear yet?

I haven't tried the clear yet, I will probably paint my Lightning with their black BC and clear, but got to get all the mechanicals worked out first.

11/18/2016 6:31 PM  #8

I realize this isnt mustang related but i thought id share. Mainly to help people learn about custom painting. Ask all the questions you want.   This my latest thing I've painted pretty fun. I painted it for a guy I work with. I am really happy the way the clear turned out. You really have to be out side to be able to see the skull on front. Not my favorite design but the guy loves the thing. Because I made it exactly how he wanted it. And as a props his wife likes it as well. Lol

11/18/2016 7:28 PM  #9

looks good

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.