FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/14/2016 7:11 AM  #1

69 Mustang, Cobra Rear Brakes - Parking Brake cables?

Hello all,

I've got a 69 Mustang, with 03-04 Cobra rear brakes and Mustang Steve's brackets. I can't find the instructions included with the brackets. Finally getting around to hooking up the parking brake. What cables are recommended for this setup? I have all of the OEM drum brake cables, which almost work. I seem to recall that maybe 03-04 Cobra brake cables are recommended in the instructions, but am not sure.

I did a search here and didn't find anything.

Thanks!

3/20/2017 6:17 PM  #2

Re: 69 Mustang, Cobra Rear Brakes - Parking Brake cables?

Nobody?
What would be the issue if Steve's 65/66 Cobra Parking Brake he sells was tried to fit?

Edit:

Then I just read this from 4/4/2013 by MS:

" I now have e-brake cables for 67-70 Mustang designed specifically for COBRA brakes.  They hookup looks jut like that, except the cables have a round lug on the end where they attach".

But don't see it listed for sale on line.

Last edited by rpm (3/20/2017 6:31 PM)

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

3/21/2017 6:41 PM  #3

rpm wrote:

Nobody?
What would be the issue if Steve's 65/66 Cobra Parking Brake he sells was tried to fit?

Edit:

Then I just read this from 4/4/2013 by MS:

" I now have e-brake cables for 67-70 Mustang designed specifically for COBRA brakes. They hookup looks jut like that, except the cables have a round lug on the end where they attach".

But don't see it listed for sale on line.

I carried custom made cables for that application, but only sold a couple of sets in a year, so discontinued them.  You can use the 65/66 partial cables that I offer to custom make the rear section of your cables, or you can use cobra (or 94-04 Mustang) rear cables for same thing.  Cut and fit, overlap or otherwise clamp and connect to existing cable.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

3/21/2017 9:19 PM  #4

Thanks Steve.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.