FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/22/2017 9:11 PM  #1

Made some progress today.

Last edited by 70 Coupe (4/22/2017 9:22 PM)

4/23/2017 11:44 AM  #2

Re: Made some progress today.

Looks good to me!

"It's better to burnout, then fade away."

4/27/2017 8:07 PM  #3

Thanks hydrantwrench, Limited time I have to do one section at a time.

5/07/2017 1:10 AM  #4

Looks good what type of primer did you use? I always suggest SPI their epoxy primer in black looks great and it can be used as a body under coating. Berry the CEO told me that micro spheres can be added to the epoxy. That would mean you could have a kill sound deadening ride. I am planning on spraying some on the firewall and in the trunk on top and on bottom. The rest of the undercairrage I will just use the regular epoxy.

5/07/2017 7:06 PM  #5

True74yamaha wrote:

Looks good what type of primer did you use? I always suggest SPI their epoxy primer in black looks great and it can be used as a body under coating. Berry the CEO told me that micro spheres can be added to the epoxy. That would mean you could have a kill sound deadening ride. I am planning on spraying some on the firewall and in the trunk on top and on bottom. The rest of the undercairrage I will just use the regular epoxy.

​I am on a budget for my build and have a friend that works for Keystone Automotive so I get a hefty discount, the epoxy primer used was their KEY850 over Eastwood rust encapsulator in spots, topped with Krylon 3436 satin black. I may cover all this with 3M professional undercoating

5/07/2017 7:20 PM  #6

Here is where I am at today.

6/08/2017 1:11 PM  #7

So why did you have the spring tower out of it? I probably should see the reason but just not putting a finger on it? did you modify some thing or did you have to repair/replace the tower?  Just wondering , The finished product looks great!  And hey it is one section at a time, pretty soon you have all the sections finished! Keep working at it! It can become very tedious after a while! 

6/11/2017 4:02 PM  #8

Tower was cracked.  You can see it in the left side parallel with the upper control arm mounting holes.

Last edited by 70 Coupe (6/11/2017 4:06 PM)

6/13/2017 10:17 PM  #9

All good and the front half is back on the ground. I know multiple posts have this picture but not everyone sees every post.

6/13/2017 10:23 PM  #10

I will be replacing the cowl some nice rust found.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.