FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/24/2017 7:28 PM  #1

WTB - Set of 17 inch wheels for 65 fastback

Looking for a nice used set of Torque Thrust II  or Coys C5 or Rev or other similar five spoke grey or chrome wheels with or without tires.
Prefer 17x7 and 17x8 staggered set.
Have the MS Cobra brake setup and need 17s to clear calipers.
Have a wide ratio toploader for trade or will buy wheels outright.
DFW location or near driving distance from there.

6/24/2017 9:39 PM  #2

Re: WTB - Set of 17 inch wheels for 65 fastback

I have some 2001 Bullitt wheels. cheap In Ovilla.  You would have to run spacers and they are 17x8, not really recommended for front, but if you need something temporary until you find a set, these are $150 a set.  If you want the set with no curb rash, $200 a set.  Same as on my fastback.  (but my fronts have been narrowed to 7")

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

6/25/2017 2:17 PM  #3

Hey MS, thanks for the note. I'll keep that option in mind. I had some 8 inch rims on the front a while back and they looked great. If the car was parked there were no problems, but when in motion there were problems attempting to turn corners or navigate dips. I think the 7 inch rim in front is a much better fit for my car.

7/04/2017 3:51 AM  #4

MS wrote:

I have some 2001 Bullitt wheels. cheap In Ovilla.  You would have to run spacers and they are 17x8, not really recommended for front, but if you need something temporary until you find a set, these are $150 a set.  If you want the set with no curb rash, $200 a set.  Same as on my fastback.  (but my fronts have been narrowed to 7")

Nice wheels! Looks as good as new KMC and Moto metal wheels we installed on certain rigs at the shop.

Last edited by mcfade (10/15/2018 10:20 AM)

7/16/2017 3:53 PM  #5

I have four of the 17x8 bullitt wheels left. All have some minor curb rash. $85 for the set. Sorry will not ship.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

7/30/2017 10:17 PM  #6

I wouldnt mind a sset also.  Will require shipping to 14303 NY.

Many thanks
Jeff

8/12/2017 3:15 PM  #7

MS where did you get wheels narrowed?  And how much did that run?

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.