FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/08/2017 6:33 PM  #26

Re: Update on 427 engine miss and death noises

I need one of those junkyard $100 351W engines like Al McGee has.  He has successfully driven it all around the country to several bashes with NO REBUILD and NO PROBLEMS.  (Once I cleaned all his extra RTV out of the timing cover water passages, but he added that after he bought the engine).

There is something to be said for a basically stock factory engine!

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

9/08/2017 10:43 PM  #27

I can not disagree with that MS.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

9/09/2017 8:07 AM  #28

70, ragtop 351W/416 stroker Edel Performer heads w pro flow 4, Comp roller 35-421-8. T5

9/09/2017 12:23 PM  #29

Speaking of junk yard 351 windsors, are all 351s 28oz imbalance?   

If multiple things can go wrong, the one that will go wrong will be the one that causes the most damage.

9/09/2017 4:57 PM  #30

Greg B wrote:

Speaking of junk yard 351 windsors, are all 351s 28oz imbalance?   

Yes.

Original owner - 351w,T-5, 4whl disks, power R&P

9/09/2017 6:02 PM  #31

Bought the oil and filter today. Got the fender dimples repaired from last year bash trip with a quadruple coat of undercoat. Close to being ready.

9/10/2017 5:50 AM  #32

MS wrote:

I need one of those junkyard $100 351W engines like Al McGee has.  He has successfully driven it all around the country to several bashes with NO REBUILD and NO PROBLEMS.  (Once I cleaned all his extra RTV out of the timing cover water passages, but he added that after he bought the engine).

But the yawn factor is just WAY too high

9/10/2017 8:06 AM  #33

TKOPerformance wrote:

MS wrote:

But the yawn factor is just WAY too high

Not if its a junk yard Coyote! vc

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.