FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/07/2017 11:05 PM  #1

Home Again Home Again

Rebecca and I made it to the house around 9:30 tonight after we stopped in Monroe and eat supper and then picked up our dash hound. Glad that we left Ft.Walton when we did we just out ran the rain in Alabama into Mississippi. Here's hopping that everybody is safe and in a dry place tonight.We had a great time at the bash this year even though it was short and sweet, stay safe and stay dry see yall in the funnies next year 

Doyle [ aka] flaming pony

A bad day working on your mustang beats a good day at work anytime

10/08/2017 7:11 AM  #2

Re: Home Again Home Again

Lori and I made it to Franklin TN around 7:30 last night with very little rain.  Today would not have been a good travel day.  As Doyle said.. short, but sweet! It was great seeing everyone again.  Safe travels everyone!

jerry

10/08/2017 9:01 AM  #3

Vicki and I made it home (Dallas area) around 7 sat night. Drove thru a couple of incredible down pours but they only lasted about 30 miles. Then clear sailing.  Had a cold Bud Light, thanksMochaman.      

Last edited by Don (10/08/2017 9:03 AM)

10/08/2017 1:39 PM  #4

Sherry and I arrived home at 2:00 today. Took the shortcut following the Guadalupe river road to relax right before getting home.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

10/08/2017 2:50 PM  #5

Cathie and I left FWB Friday at 0930, stopped at Ruston, La at 1800. Drove remaining 4 hours Saturday, home at 1230. No rain until after we got on I-20 at Jackson, Miss. Rained off and on until we reached Ruston.

10/08/2017 2:55 PM  #6

It was great to see everybody on Thursday and Friday morning. Got to chat with a bunch of you, but not everyone I wanted to. We left on Friday morning to get across Nate's path before land fall. Didn't want to deal with bad rain and road conditions or worry about finding gas on the way back home.
Wound up in Arkansas at Petit Jean state park, had been there almost 10 years ago. It's a beautiful place.

Meandered back to Hot Springs on Sunday and had lunch at Rolando's for some good Latin American food.

Was going to eat at a German place, Steinhaus Keller, but my stomach wouldn't allow me to wait another hour for them to open. Ate there several times over the years, the yauger schnitzel was really good.

We will get home sometime on Monday. Safe travels everyone.   

Where's the next bash??

John  -- 67 Mustang Coupe 390 5 speed

10/08/2017 6:38 PM  #7

I hate to that we left Friday morning, but I was having ventilation issues inside the car.

10/08/2017 7:07 PM  #8

Mrs JKB and I just walked in the door.  Left FWB yesterday and headed north to Birmingham then, NW toward Memphis.  Drove 386 miles then spent the night in Tupelo......hello Elvis...   The hotel room there was the best one on the entire trip.....quiet, quiet, quiet...

Today, we met our daughter for lunch in Ft Smith, as she return to Atlanta from OKC....was great to see her, if only for 45 minutes.  Drove 595 miles today without any issues.  In fact, we had no weather issues at all on the return.

Good to see everyone and meet a few of the local gear heads yesterday too,,,they have some nice rides!

Thanks Karol,.....and Corky for putting this together and for all the hard work to make this happen....

10/09/2017 6:00 AM  #9

We got home around 4:30. Drove through quite a lot of rain for a vert. Didn't leak a bit but we had other issues. The alternator went out but got a free one in Vicksburg. Mochaman got us jumped a couple of times til we got it figured out. It was good to be traveling with them, they were a lot of help to us. The ac compressor started singing pretty loudly after replacing the alternator the rest of the way home but it never  quit so I was comfortable. Can't say that about Karen though she didn't complain while her feet were getting wet from the plugged up ac drain.
Thanks Corky and Carol for the great time in your neck of the woods.

70, ragtop 351W/416 stroker Edel Performer heads w pro flow 4, Comp roller 35-421-8. T5

10/09/2017 10:24 AM  #10

Thanks to everyone who made the BASH Trip to FWB, we very much enjoyed having Y"all here. Karol and I are very sorry for the conditions beyond human control, Nate never was on the guest list. Though it did really make this BASH like anyother...Not enough time with friends New and Old.
 MS,........Karol and I feel that after hosting 2-1.5 BASH'es(however you want to count it) we've fulfilled any further BASH Host obligations, and wont be doing another. Though we may do another "Shrimp Boil" some day.
Bless Y"all!!
Corky and Karol

If it ain't broke, I haven't modified it Yet

10/10/2017 7:56 AM  #11

Made back to big H yesterday after heading back Sunday. Rain at first but no problem, rain-x & single speed wipers did their job. Spent Sunday night in Lake Charles then short leg to home. Nate did not dampen a great time😎. Looking forward to next Bash! Thanks again Corky & Karol.

Life is too short to drive a boring car😎

10/12/2017 3:39 PM  #12

Carolyn and I are still on the road in Amarillo, TX and it's hot today. We left Ft Walton Beach Friday afternoon with Bullet Bob and RPM and camped in Jackson, MS. RPM headed out early the next morning and Bullet and RV6 departed Jackson around 8AM Saturday. We split up in Shreveport, LA, us heading SW to visit family and Bullet heading NW.  We landed in Nacogdoches, TX on Sunday and left for Colorado on Tuesday morning. Tuesday afternoon we arrived Denton, TX at a friends house. At 11PM we were in the emergency room at Denton Hospital. Wednesday morning Carolyn had her appendix removed and I fetched her from the hospital at 6P on Wednesday evening. This morning we left Denton for home with a planned stop in Amarillo, TX as C was only one day out of surgery and we wanted to keep the day short. She's a trooper and she traveled well. Tomorrow we'll push for home; 7 more hours and we'll be home to a cool 45F.

Gary Zilik - Pine Junction, Colorado - 67 Coupe, 289-4V, T5

10/12/2017 3:43 PM  #13

RV6 wrote:

Carolyn and I are still on the road in Amarillo, TX and it's hot today. We left Ft Walton Beach Friday afternoon with Bullet Bob and RPM and camped in Jackson, MS. RPM headed out early the next morning and Bullet and RV6 departed Jackson around 8AM Saturday. We split up in Shreveport, LA, us heading SW to visit family and Bullet heading NW.  We landed in Nacogdoches, TX on Sunday and left for Colorado on Tuesday morning. Tuesday afternoon we arrived Denton, TX at a friends house. At 11PM we were in the emergency room at Denton Hospital. Wednesday morning Carolyn had her appendix removed and I fetched her from the hospital at 6P on Wednesday evening. This morning we left Denton for home with a planned stop in Amarillo, TX as C was only one day out of surgery and we wanted to keep the day short. She's a trooper and she traveled well. Tomorrow we'll push for home; 7 more hours and we'll be home to a cool 45F.

Yep you topped a hurricane.  Hope the rest of trip is event free  

10/12/2017 8:39 PM  #14

RV6 wrote:

Carolyn and I are still on the road in Amarillo, TX ..........................Tuesday afternoon...... 11PM we were in the emergency room at Denton Hospital. Wednesday morning Carolyn had her appendix removed and I fetched her from the hospital at 6P on Wednesday evening. This morning we left Denton for home with a planned stop in Amarillo, TX as C was only one day out of surgery and we wanted to keep the day short. She's a trooper and she traveled well. Tomorrow we'll push for home; 7 more hours and we'll be home to a cool 45F.

I know you don't need our admonishments to "Take extra good care of that Gal" Butt do give Carolyn our Best Whishes for a speedy recovery.

Corky & Karol

If it ain't broke, I haven't modified it Yet

10/13/2017 3:29 PM  #15

We made it home on Friday the 13th at 2:24PM. The Mustang ran perfectly for 3274 miles, I wish I could say that for Carolyn. She's a trooper though, and managed to travel for two more days after surgery and never complained.  
We had a great time on the trip. Bullet, RPM and RV6 travel well together. I wish we could have stayed for the mini-bash but there is always next year in Texas. We do plan on being there. 

10/13/2017 3:34 PM  #16

Tubo wrote:

RV6 wrote:

Carolyn and I are still on the road in Amarillo, TX ..........................Tuesday afternoon...... 11PM we were in the emergency room at Denton Hospital. Wednesday morning Carolyn had her appendix removed and I fetched her from the hospital at 6P on Wednesday evening. This morning we left Denton for home with a planned stop in Amarillo, TX as C was only one day out of surgery and we wanted to keep the day short. She's a trooper and she traveled well. Tomorrow we'll push for home; 7 more hours and we'll be home to a cool 45F.

I know you don't need our admonishments to "Take extra good care of that Gal" Butt do give Carolyn our Best Whishes for a speedy recovery.

Corky & Karol

Corky,

I wish we could have visited more. You and Karol are great people. Have a great time on the Camino De Santiago.

Gary

8/23/2018 8:37 PM  #17

I think I might build a weight box for this 646 similar to the one on my other 646 and find a home for the other big round bugger.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.