FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/16/2017 6:25 PM  #26

Re: Donor Seats for a 1965 Fastback

Maybe I haven't read the thread throughly enough.
However,.. I'm sorta surprised no one has brought up using 05-14 seats, like the Brothers Buzek have done. Key to the mod is reducing seat mount height by utilizing 69-70 seat riser pans.
At one point in time I'd installed 99-04 seats in the 73 Vert, they've been taken out as I didn’t like the "Puffed Marshmallow" look to the seat cushions. I much prefer the look of the 05-14 seats, which should be going in Miss May and the Vert. Now I've got to change out the white interior the 99-04 seats inspired.

Tubo

If it ain't broke, I haven't modified it Yet

11/16/2017 7:36 PM  #27

Thanks for the info however I restarted the thread to investigate which seats were more comfortable that recline which also can be reupholstered with running ponies aka vintage pony interior. True Steve’s seats are great, very comfortable however backtrack through the thread. Believe you’ll see the pic BB posted of the seats I prefer (but solid black like I currently have) and why (I hope) in my original post. I don’t need nor do I want to reupholster the back seat, it’s good to go as is.

Thanks again 👌

Life is too short to drive a boring car😎

11/16/2017 8:55 PM  #28

I did exactly what you want to do.  93 mustang gt front seats with new foam. My 66 has black pony interior from the factory. I got the TMI pony style covers with the running pony inserts. Matches the rear seats pretty well.  I'm happy  with it.

Good, fast or cheap. Pick any two...

11/17/2017 8:09 AM  #29

Thanks ZD99, now just need to locate some hopefully close to home (HOUSTON). Need to be sure if the price is right for what I’m getting, want to physically see them. I’m sure you know the “been there done that” scene. Nothing pretty of course since they’re being recovered.

Thanks again😉

11/17/2017 12:48 PM  #30

I got  mine on Craigslist for $100 for the pair. I have seen them for less.

Good, fast or cheap. Pick any two...

11/17/2017 6:59 PM  #31

These seats with the TMI covers will sit slightly higher than normal seats. So if you are tall (Anna and I are short) this might not be the path for you. But they are VERY comfy seats with the TMI extra cushioning. 

11/17/2017 7:10 PM  #32

Thanks Ed, saw this or similar post from the original thread.😉

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.