FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/18/2017 4:57 PM  #1

I was watching Bitchin rides

they were working on a 65 fastback and changed the taillights. Does anyone see a problem with this clip

11/18/2017 5:36 PM  #2

Re: I was watching Bitchin rides

That's funny.

John  -- 67 Mustang Coupe 390 5 speed

11/18/2017 6:15 PM  #3

It works, huh?   Try again.

'66 Fastback since July 27, 1981. Springtime Yellow, originally a 200 cu in, 4 speed. Also a '92 LX Coupe, 5.0, 5 speed.

11/18/2017 9:24 PM  #4

LOL, bass ackward !

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

11/18/2017 10:13 PM  #5

Bulb assembly upside down.
More of that manufactured drama they write into those shows.  I sure do like his work, though.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

11/19/2017 1:02 PM  #6

Bitchin Rides is forever ruined, I'll never be able to watch it again

Tubo

If it ain't broke, I haven't modified it Yet

11/19/2017 1:54 PM  #7

Sometimes I think they do this stuff intentually to generate feed back. They do some awesome work though less drama than Fantom Works.

"anyone that stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty"Henry Ford

11/20/2017 6:04 AM  #8

What I found troubling was when they pulled and serviced both heads because of a single valve stem failure.  The heads were nearly new with very few miles on them.  The plugs had been pulled and no problem was detected from reading them.  Sure seemed like a $3,000.00 fix to a $50.00 problem.  The taillight problem disappeared later in the segment.  Glad to see the headlights replaced, also.
Best,
Al

Classic cars are full of surprises and almost none of them are good ones!

11/20/2017 9:35 PM  #9

I agree with doing the complete valve job on both heads without knowing the history on them. Fact is there was a problem with atleast one valve (my recollection is that there was a bad seal and guide), how many more were close to being a problem without doing all the measurements/inspections while disassembled who knows. Did the guy likely overpay to have some tail lights and headwork done, yea there's a high chance of that. Did Kindig want to cover his behind and uphold a reputation, you betcha. The guy wanted to spend big money, and Kindig gladly accepted.

Last edited by MachTJ (11/20/2017 9:37 PM)

11/21/2017 7:47 AM  #10

I always wondered about all these shows where they rebuild early Mustangs.  They do ALL the metal and body panel replacement but never mention or show any cowl replacement and from my limited experience, that is the root of much of the rust trouble.   Hmmmm?

BB

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

11/21/2017 9:01 PM  #11

Maybe those California cars don’t rust

11/24/2017 2:08 PM  #12

They've had their problems at the shop that's for sure... They definitely have better help then they use to. Lol that taillight assembly though isn't very reassuring

11/24/2017 5:50 PM  #13

MS wrote:

Maybe those California cars don’t rust

California cars do rust! My '66 was originally sold in Las Vegas, but has spent the last 40+ years in SoCal. I have personally owned the car for 23 of those 40+. Our cars just don't rust to the extent of cars from other areas. In the interest of full disclosure, I've attached a photo of my rust damage. What you see in the image represents the full extent of the rust damage found under my car. Notice the original red primer still intact.

Last edited by rhutt (11/25/2017 12:18 PM)

'66 GT Fastback, 302, Edelbrock top end, Sniper EFI, MSD, JBA Headers & Exhaust, T-5Z, Currie 3.55 Trac-Loc

11/27/2017 7:18 PM  #14

I have tail lights like that and there is a switch on each light to make it left or right sequence. Only one way to wire it correctly then click the switch.

11/27/2017 8:40 PM  #15

KStang wrote:

I have tail lights like that and there is a switch on each light to make it left or right sequence. Only one way to wire it correctly then click the switch.

I have taillights like that and I dont remember any switch on mine.  I was thinking they were labeled left and right, difference in brands i guess

11/27/2017 9:13 PM  #16

Mine just have an arrow on the back. You turn them over to sequence the opposite direction.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.