FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/22/2018 6:10 AM  #1

Front floors rubber grommets?

In the front floors, there are two large, factory made holes. Are these meant to have rubber grommets, or are they open to possibly be used to drain water?

1964-1/2 D Code Coupe - 289 V8, 4 Speed Toploader, 3.00 ratio rear, Autolite 4100 Carb, 15" tires, Pertronix ignition

5/22/2018 7:31 AM  #2

Re: Front floors rubber grommets?

There's lots of holes on the doors.

Send a pic or find one and post a screen grab.

5/22/2018 7:46 AM  #3

If you are referring to the oval holes just in front of the seat riser, those originally had metal plates with sheet metal screws to fasten the covers over the holes.  Probably intended as drains.  You do want to close all the holes before installing carpet.  Most Mustang vendors sell a complete grommet kit for just a few bux.

5/22/2018 3:30 PM  #4

TimC wrote:

If you are referring to the oval holes just in front of the seat riser, those originally had metal plates with sheet metal screws to fasten the covers over the holes.  Probably intended as drains.  You do want to close all the holes before installing carpet.  Most Mustang vendors sell a complete grommet kit for just a few bux.

Yep, those are the ones... The two big oval holes in front of the front seats. Strangely, my car never seemed to have the metal plates covering them, like in the back. Would anyone have a link showing the part that I need to order?

1964-1/2 D Code Coupe - 289 V8, 4 Speed Toploader, 3.00 ratio rear, Autolite 4100 Carb, 15" tires, Pertronix ignition

5/22/2018 9:06 PM  #5

5/23/2018 11:34 PM  #6

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.