FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/21/2016 9:24 AM  #1

Powerjection III Fuel Injection Install (Software) Help Needed

Hello,

I'm in need of help. Does anyone here have the Powerjection III (with spark control - Version 3) installation files (either the CD or the downloaded files)? When I bought my unit I just downloaded the files. Now I need to install the software on a different laptop. The program can't be moved (I've tried several moving programs none work) and Professional Products has taken down the pages related to the PIII unit (including the installation file download page - apparently they are no longer producing or supporting the product).

If someone could email me the install files I would be very grateful (jsharvey1961@comcast.net). Or if someone has the install CD and no longer needs it I would be happy to buy it and pay postage.

Thanks in advance.

John Harvey

65 convert "298" (.060), 4sp, disc, quick steer, roller perches, adj strut rods, sph bearing lower, F&R anti-roll bars.

11/21/2016 6:51 PM  #2

Re: Powerjection III Fuel Injection Install (Software) Help Needed

Good luck on this one.
I bought a PJII version 1 but didn't install it for several years.
By the time I got around to opening the box, two newer versions were out and they had no interest in helping me.
I eventually figured it out myself with some help of forum users.
I've sent emails and voicemails but no response at all in more than 6 months.
I've given up and just spend my time spreading my experience around to as many people as possible.
Unfortunately, the tuning of Version 2.0 v1 and 2.0 V2 is different enough that very few people could help.
I'm sure that going from 2.0 to 3.0, my knowledge would be useless to you.
Next up is replace it with anything that uses a FAST computer.
Apparently, some people have been able to upgrade their units to use a FAST computer.  No idea how that could be done though.

GH

11/22/2016 12:07 PM  #3

John, if you still have the hard drive that you originally installed the files on, and the files are not corrupt, I have physically removed hard drives, and using an "ez-connect" usb cable, I have connected old hard drives to a different pc and accessed the program/files with good success.  Process works well, even if the operating system on the "old" HD is corrupt.  It just makes the old HD kind of like a usb flash drive....

My cable works with 2.5" & 3.5" IDE & SATA drives.

Last edited by TimC (11/22/2016 12:08 PM)

11/22/2016 2:19 PM  #4

I have done like TimC said and used a cable or  EZdock fixture to get to files on old hard drives very well. My daughter had her laptop die in her senior year at college and thought she lost everything. I was able to copy all of her work to her new machine including some files that were very unique and would only work with the application that saved them and she was able to make them work. We had to name the drives and folders just the same as the old computer and they worked very well.

11/22/2016 4:41 PM  #5

Its the same principle as using an external hard drive, which I've been doing for over a decade for backup.  You can buy a hard drive shell for next to nothing that is basically just a hard drive to USB interface and a case to protect the drive.  The older, non SATA style ones are getting harder to find, but they're still out there.  Typically everything is backwards compatible, so even if you're running a newer operating system, etc. the files can still be read by the newer versions of the programs (though it doesn't work in reverse).  Now, if its really old, like DOS based, etc. you might have to have someone with some computer knowledge write you a patch program to make it work. 

There are also programs like PCMover that can move programs from one computer or drive to another if you no longer have the CDs.  Basically it just rewrites the registry files to work on the new machine.  I've moved my copy of AutoCAD like four times with that program. 

11/23/2016 12:18 AM  #6

Wow! I cannot believe that they just killed all support for all of their units. No forums left, no nothing! That is not at all cool. I never thought to save any of the manuals or anything posted on their forums as I assumed that they would always be there. Guess this thing will never be fully tuned now...

Time to start looking for a new EFI system, I guess. I've been eyeballing the FiTech and the Holley Terminator Stealth kits though I really have no reason to get one yet as my current system works fine.

I looked in my files and only have V2.1 so I'm no help to you unfortunately. Best of luck...

"Calamity Jane" - Insane road warrior powered by hopes and dreams and piloted by an idiot.

11/23/2016 7:18 AM  #7

Ask me why I like carburetors! 

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

7/19/2018 11:12 PM  #8

I also need some help with my projection 3 setup. I bought a system that has had the harness severed for the wideband O2 sensor. The original owner cut it because he ran it through his bulkhead with a gauge. So in essence, both sides of the connector is missing. Can anyone please help with a pinout or wiring diagram so I can stop this thing from being a paper weight?

9/03/2018 4:54 PM  #9

Kelly_H wrote:

Wow! I cannot believe that they just killed all support for all of their units. No forums left, no nothing! That is not at all cool. I never thought to save any of the manuals or anything posted on their forums as I assumed that they would always be there. Guess this thing will never be fully tuned now...

Time to start looking for a new EFI system, I guess. I've been eyeballing the FiTech and the Holley Terminator Stealth kits though I really have no reason to get one yet as my current system works fine.

I looked in my files and only have V2.1 so I'm no help to you unfortunately. Best of luck...

Do you still have the V2.1 Powerjection dashboard software? I have V3.0, but have just replaced an ECM with a used unit.  

9/06/2018 7:21 AM  #10

This is just a shot in the dark, but did you check your downloads folder to see if the installer you downloaded previously is still there?  If so, you could just copy it to your new computer and install.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.