FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/09/2018 6:00 PM  #1

Hope none of "our guyz" are runn'in from far.....

Sounds bad in Cali for forest fires. Hope none of  our folks(or their friends & family ) are  being effected.
Lets .......report in fellas!!!!!
6sal6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

11/09/2018 11:07 PM  #2

Re: Hope none of "our guyz" are runn'in from far.....

The Ventura far is closest to me, and 100 miles away.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

11/09/2018 11:50 PM  #3

I am about 200 miles away from the Camp Fire.  No worries for me luckily.

But I have old classmates and multiple coworkers that have lost homes in the Camp Fire. 

I used to work in the Paradise CA area about 20 years ago, honestly you would be hard pressed to make a less fire safe community than that area.  It really was quite dangerous from a fuels and egress point of view.  I would crack a joke about it but so many folks have lost their lives, and I am sure many more will be found in what is left of their homes.

11/10/2018 12:01 AM  #4

I'm a long way from all of them...BUT...We live in a forested area that is not as dense or brush covered as many of the other areas.  It is not a matter of IF, but of WHEN the fire will strike us.  We have defensible space, steel roof, a 5,000 gallon pool to help the fire fighters, and part concrete siding.  That takes us from 100% chance to burning to ~98% (my estimate).  We are to fires as you south easterners are to hurricanes and tornadoes.

We keep 'go' bags in all cars.  And the '66 has the #1 priority for evacuation over the '15 GT and the Pilot!

Original owner - 351w,T-5, 4whl disks, power R&P

11/10/2018 9:43 AM  #5

Bentworker wrote:

I am about 200 miles away from the Camp Fire. No worries for me luckily.

But I have old classmates and multiple coworkers that have lost homes in the Camp Fire.

I used to work in the Paradise CA area about 20 years ago, honestly you would be hard pressed to make a less fire safe community than that area. It really was quite dangerous from a fuels and egress point of view. I would crack a joke about it but so many folks have lost their lives, and I am sure many more will be found in what is left of their homes.

Back in the late 90's Jean and I looked at Paradise...had a retired friend who lived there and thought it was great.  We drove up from Chico and I recall telling Jean that if there were ever a fire the whole town would be lost since the only road went along that ridge.  I'm very sorry to have been one of many
prophets. 

BB

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

11/13/2018 12:26 AM  #6

I’m nowhere near any of the new fires thankfully. The red moon in the Central Valley two nights ago was eerie. This year has been unbelievably hellish with all the fires. For months this year the air quality has been horrible around here. I had to put air purifiers in all the bedrooms it was so bad. I’m fairly close to Yosemite and the winds blew the smoke directly to us for a couple of days.  All’s well here, though.

'66 Fastback since July 27, 1981. Springtime Yellow, originally a 200 cu in, 4 speed. Also a '92 LX Coupe, 5.0, 5 speed.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.