FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/24/2018 6:32 AM  #1

New Guy

Hello everyone.
 Thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Jim and from South Jersey. I've got a 65 coupe that I do my best to keep on the road. I bought it about 10 years ago at Carlisle Ford Nationals. It was good enough to drive home but just barely, I'm surprised I made it. The body and interior were pretty good, no rust (California car) but mechanically it needed a bunch of work. I'm a rank amateur but I do my best. I think it looks pretty good. I was in high school when this car rolled off the line and two of my Uncles bought Mustangs, one was a convertible and I would have loved to been able to get one but I was lucky to get my junkyard Studebaker Lark for $150, get it road worthy, well, sorta and glad to finally have any wheels under me! I've tried to make this one like I think I would have had it back then if I could have afforded it. Not stock but hopped up a little bit like we did back then. I've been reading the post here and I'm supper impressed with all your knowledge and skill. Beautiful Cars!

_Jim_

11/24/2018 7:14 AM  #2

Re: New Guy

Welcome Jim,

You have definitely come to the right place for great advice, folks here really know their Mustangs especially MS (aka MustangSteve) 😉

Life is too short to drive a boring car😎

11/24/2018 8:02 AM  #3

Thanks for the welome John. I'll post a couple pics if I can get then posted.

_Jim_

11/24/2018 8:22 AM  #4

A few pics:

_Jim_

11/25/2018 10:08 AM  #5

Nice looking 65 there Jim. I've always loved the look of Cragers on early Mustangs. Welcome to the forum Jim.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

11/28/2018 11:17 PM  #6

We were all rank amateurs, myself included, at some point in time. Although, there could have been a few that started as experts. 

Welcome to the site Jim. Nice ride you got there. How far is Jersey from Michigan? Geography ain’t my strongest subject!

John  -- 67 Mustang Coupe 390 5 speed

11/29/2018 5:25 AM  #7

Thanks for the welcome guys. Michigan isn't too far from Jersey I don't think. I've driven under it a fair amount of times on my way to Montana and back. That was 2600 mi, The first time I drove it was 1975 and I drove my 55 Willys pickup with the flathead six motor, I made it but it took a while

_Jim_

12/20/2018 4:17 PM  #8

Nice Mustang!  And welcome to the forum.  Be sure to check out the BASH pages.  June 22, in Clinton, Michigan, this year.  Hope you can make it!

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

1/16/2019 10:45 AM  #9

Im googlin that right now Im such a new guy to all the Ford stuff about Im still in the xr days

1/16/2019 8:31 PM  #10

Welcome Jim. Nice ride! You said you're in South Jersey, where about? Thought I would have noticed another yellow Stang. I'm in Pennsauken

Ken

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.