FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/06/2018 8:40 AM  #26

Re: Bash 2019 date HAS BEEN CHANGED

As a newb to the bash I have some  questions.
 What days will the actual get togethers be happening?
  Will the bash a one day event?
 Looking to arrive on Friday and leave on Sunday,  wondering if that will do it?

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   “My tastes are simple: I am easily satisfied with the best"

12/06/2018 9:40 AM  #27

Rudi,
The Bash will be on Saturday. 
We start arriving on Thursday....not all do.
Typically on Friday, the guys get together and talk shop, turn wrenches if necessary......just hang out.
The ladies usually all take off and do girl things.....for some reason they don't want to hang around and talk about cars....
Friday night, usually pick a dinner location and we all meet up there......then retire to the hotel and hang out...
The days of your visit should be fine.....

BobC may provide the finer details later but, this will at least give you an idea of what to expect......
Look forward to meeting you too....

.......common sense is a flower that doesn’t grow in everyone’s garden.......

12/06/2018 11:54 AM  #28

Rudi - JKB is correct on all points.  I would add that I have really enjoyed the Fridays with the gang.  Many Fridays have included a group car wash event to eliminate the road grime, but a couple times there have been some side trips to "local" scenic vistas.  The East Texas tour during the Wimberly event, and the Black Canyon cruise at the Montrose event were unforgettable outings I would have missed if we had not arrived on the Thursdays.  My mouth still waters when I think about the brisket at the Salt Lick BBQ.  At the Vandalia event, MS even went door to door with T.McG's 393 powered 66 FB on the Friday.  What fun!

​I look forward to meeting you, too, and trust your medical community's plans don't conflict with Bash plans.

12/06/2018 12:20 PM  #29

Thanks guy's.
 I have reserved for Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Looking forward to our first bash!
 I hope that the two new knees will be ready for a road trip. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/grin.png

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   “My tastes are simple: I am easily satisfied with the best"

12/06/2018 1:16 PM  #30

BASH ITINERARY UPDATE

Things to do in the area. Dearborn, MI has Greenfield Village and the Henry Ford Museum.  20900 Oakwood Blvd, Dearborn, MI 48124. This is always worthwhile to visit if your time permits. 313 982 6001.

The Bash itinerary is going to be similar to previous years since this formula seems to work.
Thursday, arrival at the hotel. Greetings with friends and information packs will be distributed. We can meet at a local restaurant for dinner for those that are interested.

Friday, anyone interested is welcome to meet at my home, 11288 Village Lane, Clinton, MI 49236 for necessary vehicle cleaning, repairs and car talk.  For lunch, I am thinking we can pool money for pizza or head to a local restaurant.  Cindy has plans for activities for those not interested in car talk or automotive work. She is thinking shopping in Tecumseh and lunch in Clinton.

Friday evening, we are planning dinner at Artesian Wells Sports Tavern. 18711 US-12, Cement City, MI 49133. 517 547 8777. This location could change.

Saturday, The Bash is in Tate Park Clinton, MI.  The event will start at 1pm.  Water and soft drinks will be provided. FYI, there is a car wash directly across the street from the park.  Saturday night, forum members are invited to my home for dinner.

Sunday, farewells to all our new and old friends.

Retirement has officially started!      BobC    1966 Mustang Coupe (His)     2016 Mustang  (Hers)

12/06/2018 5:28 PM  #31

I will add to what BobC mention is plan a full day for each, the museum, and Greenfield Village. If time permit, for the 3rd day Frankenmuth, 90 miles north.

12/10/2018 8:07 AM  #32

Finally got booked. was told I got the last room in the block.

12/12/2018 6:45 AM  #33

BobC wrote:

BASH ITINERARY UPDATE

Things to do in the area. Dearborn, MI has Greenfield Village and the Henry Ford Museum.  20900 Oakwood Blvd, Dearborn, MI 48124. This is always worthwhile to visit if your time permits. 313 982 6001.

The Bash itinerary is going to be similar to previous years since this formula seems to work.
Thursday, arrival at the hotel. Greetings with friends and information packs will be distributed. We can meet at a local restaurant for dinner for those that are interested.

Friday, anyone interested is welcome to meet at my home, 11288 Village Lane, Clinton, MI 49236 for necessary vehicle cleaning, repairs and car talk.  For lunch, I am thinking we can pool money for pizza or head to a local restaurant.  Cindy has plans for activities for those not interested in car talk or automotive work. She is thinking shopping in Tecumseh and lunch in Clinton.

Friday evening, we are planning dinner at Artesian Wells Sports Tavern. 18711 US-12, Cement City, MI 49133. 517 547 8777. This location could change.

Saturday, The Bash is in Tate Park Clinton, MI.  The event will start at 1pm.  Water and soft drinks will be provided. FYI, there is a car wash directly across the street from the park.  Saturday night, forum members are invited to my home for dinner.

From what I can gather there is not a meal planned for Saturday at the bash???  That's a shame!  Maybe we should donate to the cause , I hate to see a good thing lost due to lack of $$$$$$$$$$$$

12/12/2018 7:47 AM  #34

terry wrote:

BobC wrote:

BASH ITINERARY UPDATE

From what I can gather there is not a meal planned for Saturday at the bash???  That's a shame!  Maybe we should donate to the cause , I hate to see a good thing lost due to lack of $$$$$$$$$$$$

Hi Terry, this is correct.  Please discuss with MS

Last edited by BobC (12/12/2018 7:49 AM)

Retirement has officially started!      BobC    1966 Mustang Coupe (His)     2016 Mustang  (Hers)

12/12/2018 5:55 PM  #35

No food on Bash Day? We gotta fix this, even if we just have to order pizza from a local joint.

Last edited by RV6 (12/12/2018 5:55 PM)

Gary Zilik - Pine Junction, Colorado - 67 Coupe, 289-4V, T5

12/12/2018 6:01 PM  #36

RV6 wrote:

No food on Bash Day? We gotta fix this, even if we just have to order pizza from a local joint.

Agreed.
Ditto.
Absolutely.

Bob    69 Mach 351w, AOD Build-:http://1969stang.com/forum/index.php?/topic/44555-the--oh no I used a word I shouldn't have--is-back/

12/12/2018 6:39 PM  #37

Well yuh got my vote for pizza, especially if it's anything like this 😋

https://www.michigan.org/article/trip-idea/history-of-detroit-style-pizza-where-to-find-it

Life is too short to drive a boring car😎

12/13/2018 5:28 PM  #38

I agree.  We have to have a lunch. I love Pizza.

12/14/2018 11:20 AM  #39

Hometown Pizza is located in Clinton. If we pre-arrange we can probably get a Baker's Dozen pizzas or more for lunch. They open at 11A so a 1P or so lunch would work. It may not be deep dish or pan pizza but we gotta eat and I have yet to see a pizza I did not like. As the bash nears and we figure out how many people will attend we can start gathering funds for the pizza fest. 

https://clintonhometownpizza.com

12/14/2018 11:42 AM  #40

RV6 wrote:

Hometown Pizza is located in Clinton. If we pre-arrange we can probably get a Baker's Dozen pizzas or more for lunch. They open at 11A so a 1P or so lunch would work. It may not be deep dish or pan pizza but we gotta eat and I have yet to see a pizza I did not like. As the bash nears and we figure out how many people will attend we can start gathering funds for the pizza fest. 

Who put you in charge of deciding what everyone will eat?

12/14/2018 11:46 AM  #41

I'm making popcorn and seeing how this thread goes.....

Hornman wrote:

RV6 wrote:

.......common sense is a flower that doesn’t grow in everyone’s garden.......

12/14/2018 1:13 PM  #42

Hornman wrote:

Who said I was in charge? I'm just suggesting one way how the group can be fed at the bash. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/happy.png

12/14/2018 1:36 PM  #43

Another vote for pizza here. Pretty easy peasy.

Bob    69 Mach 351w, AOD Build-:http://1969stang.com/forum/index.php?/topic/44555-the--oh no I used a word I shouldn't have--is-back/

12/14/2018 8:27 PM  #44

I think I'll bring PB&J in a brown bag....just in case.  Butt, (TS&T) I'm not suggesting anything nor am I in charge of anything.  It would be nice, though, to have lunch as usual at the bash. 

BB

I have found the true secret of life....keep waking up!

Yesterday 8:29 AM  #45

Bullet Bob wrote:

I think I'll bring PB&J in a brown bag....just in case.  Butt, (TS&T) I'm not suggesting anything nor am I in charge of anything.  It would be nice, though, to have lunch as usual at the bash. 

BB

Don't pack the peanut butter jar into the 66 just yet BB. I am working to fix the lunch issue without popcorn drama. Stay tuned.

Yesterday 11:12 AM  #46

I know   but (t) still

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8MDNFaGfT4

bet $ you can't watch this more than 1 min  

Last edited by Don (Yesterday 11:14 AM)

Yesterday 3:34 PM  #47

BobC wrote:

Bullet Bob wrote:

BB

Don't pack the peanut butter jar into the 66 just yet BB. I am working to fix the lunch issue without popcorn drama. Stay tuned.

Thanks Bob

John  -- 67 Mustang Coupe 390 5 speed

Yesterday 6:14 PM  #48

Don wrote:

I know   but (t) still

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8MDNFaGfT4

bet $ you can't watch this more than 1 min  

3 seconds, do I get a prize?

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.