FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/16/2019 9:15 PM  #26

Re: Lucky's Rod Run, College Station, TX on January 13. PICTURES!!!

1/16/2019 9:15 PM  #27

1/16/2019 9:16 PM  #28

1/16/2019 9:16 PM  #29

1/16/2019 9:16 PM  #30

Thanks Ed. I’ve got some other pictures I can post maybe tomorrow. Got them uploaded to Flickr, just need to make time while sitting at the PC.

John  -- 67 Mustang Coupe 390 5 speed

1/16/2019 9:17 PM  #31

1/16/2019 9:18 PM  #32

1/16/2019 9:25 PM  #33

Cool pics, thanks Ed!

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

1/17/2019 8:00 AM  #34

Yes, thanks Ed.  Some very cool rides.

BB

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

1/18/2019 3:05 PM  #35

Like'em Mochaman!!!!
Specially the Altered........Gotta love an altered!!!
Whats to know about.........No Aggie joks...thought they were pretty decent?!
Tanx
6s6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

1/20/2019 7:11 AM  #36

Really cool stories and pictures. Wish I could have been there. I was born in Bryan, Tx in 1960. I lived in Baytown Tx and College Station. Went to College Station Jr high school. We're any of you living there in the early 70's?

1/21/2019 9:59 AM  #37

Fellow FYIFORD members cars, left to right:
MS  66 fastback  Canyon Lake,  Bolted To Floor 67 coupe  Houston, Coupedaddy 65 coupe (Lemon Pledge Special) Houston,  JWarley, 65 coupe  Houston, Al McGee 65 fastback  Dallas,  Mochaman, 65 fastback  Dallas, and a guy in a 69 MACH I.

Last edited by MS (1/22/2019 8:43 PM)

Life is too short to drive a boring car😎

1/21/2019 10:43 AM  #38

nice   Did I just see a Radio Flyer Car ??  Really  ??  George Barris would be proud  

1/21/2019 1:52 PM  #39

Don wrote:

nice   Did I just see a Radio Flyer Car ??  Really  ??  George Barris would be proud  

Yea, I talked to that guy. He said “it’s what you get when you retire a year early, get bored, and just happen to have a wrecked Ranger pickup laying around.”

1/21/2019 4:24 PM  #40

dibs on the bronco........

1/21/2019 4:55 PM  #41

josh-kebob wrote:

dibs on the bronco........

Bronco is nice, I like the brown F-150 under it too. There's some things I would change, but hat looks like a nice truck.

11/09/2019 6:50 AM  #42

MS wrote:

I am going to attend this show Sunday morning at 7:00 to 1:00 January 13, 2019.  Trying to get a group together to go along.  So far, a few are going along.  Hope you can make it.  If interested in going, email me steve@mustangsteve.com and I will get the hotel info to you. 
This is being planned as a similar trip to the Waco trip several took last summer.  Must drive 25 year old or older car.  No wives allowed!  This one just happens to have a cool car show to attend in the process.  Expecting 300+ cars.
Hope you can make it.

Lucky's Rod Run
7am-1pm, January 13
Chicken Oil Co. (It's a restaurant)
3600 S College Ave.
Bryan, TX 77801
Get there early - over 300 expected at this annual event.

Hokay, this is happening again on a Sunday, next January 12, 2020 from 8 AM to 5 PM

Hope y’all are thinking bout doing this again, I’m planning on it 😉

More info on FB provided this link works https://www.facebook.com/events/1473564232807715/

Life is too short to drive a boring car😎

11/09/2019 8:45 AM  #43

MS wrote:

I am going to attend this show Sunday morning at 7:00 to 1:00 January 13, 2019.  Trying to get a group together to go along.  So far, a few are going along.  Hope you can make it.  If interested in going, email me steve@mustangsteve.com and I will get the hotel info to you. 
This is being planned as a similar trip to the Waco trip several took last summer.  Must drive 25 year old or older car.  No wives allowed!  This one just happens to have a cool car show to attend in the process.  Expecting 300+ cars.
Hope you can make it.

Lucky's Rod Run
7am-1pm, January 13
3600 S College Ave.
Bryan, TX 77801

What do you usually do at a car show Steve? Do you sit with your car, or do you mix and mingle?

1964-1/2 D Code Coupe - 289 V8, 4 Speed Toploader, 3.00 ratio rear, Autolite 4100 Carb, 15" tires, Pertronix ignition

11/10/2019 9:59 AM  #44

Stevo wrote:

MS wrote:

Hope you can make it.

Lucky's Rod Run
7am-1pm, January 13
3600 S College Ave.
Bryan, TX 77801

What do you usually do at a car show Steve? Do you sit with your car, or do you mix and mingle?

Just depends. I really enjoy sitting by my car because I get to meet alot of people and discuss the car with them. But, there were so many really interesting cars at that particular show I spent the day walking around.   Plus, it was too darned cold to just sit still!

I have learned that shows involving mostly Mustangs will have many more people interested in discussing mods done to my car. The mods are typically invisible to the population not knowledgeable about Mustangs. So, if it is a general show with chebbies and street rods and the like, my car does not get near the attention it gets at a Ford show. And that frees me up to go look and learn about the other stuff in the world.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

11/10/2019 11:32 AM  #45

I enjoyed Luckys rod run last year. If the machine shop comes through with a block for me. I should have a chance of making it there in January.

11/10/2019 9:06 PM  #46

Are you going back with a 390? Bishops in Dallas might have a block.

70, ragtop 351W/416 stroker Edel Performer heads w pro flow 4, Comp roller 35-421-8. T5

11/10/2019 9:15 PM  #47

Tiny pic says the images are no longer available.

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

11/11/2019 5:46 AM  #48

MS wrote:

Stevo wrote:

MS wrote:

Hope you can make it.

Lucky's Rod Run
7am-1pm, January 13
3600 S College Ave.
Bryan, TX 77801

Just depends. I really enjoy sitting by my car because I get to meet alot of people and discuss the car with them. But, there were so many really interesting cars at that particular show I spent the day walking around.   Plus, it was too darned cold to just sit still!

I have learned that shows involving mostly Mustangs will have many more people interested in discussing mods done to my car. The mods are typically invisible to the population not knowledgeable about Mustangs. So, if it is a general show with chebbies and street rods and the like, my car does not get near the attention it gets at a Ford show. And that frees me up to go look and learn about the other stuff in the world.

Fair enough... I have been to a number of shows lately and find that I would like to chat to the owners, but they are usually not with their cars.
With your car, I feel that you have done a fantastic job if the mods are not easily visible.
Speaking of your mods (and this may need another topic), how did you go with the front clip that you were planning back when you lived in Ovilla and the cell phone teenager crashed into you? I often wonder how that all panned out.

1964-1/2 D Code Coupe - 289 V8, 4 Speed Toploader, 3.00 ratio rear, Autolite 4100 Carb, 15" tires, Pertronix ignition

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.