FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/18/2019 11:10 AM  #1

Edelbrock Pro Flo 4 vs. Fitech Go Port

I am considering the Edelbrock Pro Flo 4 or the Fitech Go Port fuel injection systems in conjunction with an Aeromotive Gen 2 Stealth tank. I have reviewed the pros and cons of the two systems and am leaning toward the Fitech system because it does not require an external fuel pressure regulator or a dedicated distributor. In the event of a distributor failure, I want to be able to disable the timing control and plug in almost any distributor. Additionally, my understanding of the Edelbrock instructions leads me to believe the Edelbrock system requires a fuel pump relay in conjunction with the Aeromotive tank and I would prefer utilizing PWM. Areomotive advises that the Fitech system is compatible with the lower volume Aeromotive pump (200lph). I like the made in USA, Bluetooth compatibility and technical support factors of the Edelbrock system. Price is within range of each other and I have to give Edelbrock the edge on support. Both systems support the horsepower of my 347 (450hp at the crank) and other than noted above, the two systems provide similar features across the board.

Looking for any comments or experience with the above systems.

Last edited by boss347convertible (4/18/2019 11:17 AM)

4/19/2019 8:54 AM  #2

Re: Edelbrock Pro Flo 4 vs. Fitech Go Port

I have the Fitech 600hp system.  Its been good with no problems.  If you your on Facebook join Fitech EFI group.  There's a lot of info on there about different systems.   Good Luck.   Steve69

4/19/2019 11:07 AM  #3

Re: Edelbrock Pro Flo 4 vs. Fitech Go Port

I too, have the FiTech 600hp system.  It works just fine.  Actually, it works better than any carb I have used - Ford, Edelbrock, & Holly.  I have had a couple of problems, now solved.  Clogged fuel filter from grit in a new gas tank & a stuck injector that dumped raw gas down the throttle body.  FiTech tech support was very helpful diagnosing the problem.  The fix took about 10 min to replace the bad injector.

And I think gas mileage has improved too.

Original owner - 351w,T-5, 4whl disks, power R&P

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.