FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/04/2020 7:42 PM  #1

need this for my mustang

Sally FELL OUT AGAIN    ????   hummmm  

8/04/2020 9:14 PM  #2

Re: need this for my mustang

I think your rear doors will be fine, Don.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

8/05/2020 5:24 AM  #3

"Sally fell out of the car AGAIN"!  The way that's written like its an occurrence that's both unconcerning and common is cracking me up.  There's about as much feeling for Sally as for a dog.  They might as well be saying "Oh no, Rusty got out again".  This must be from the era of Duck & Cover...

8/05/2020 7:35 AM  #4

Sally went on to be a stunt double in Hollywood.

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

8/05/2020 3:16 PM  #5

Seems like it still is a market for that kind of safety lock in Russia:

8/05/2020 6:00 PM  #6

My older brother took that dive out of the back seat of a 55 Ford station wagon.  He was in a body cast until his leg and hip healed up.  Latches in the old days were not as safe as they are today.  Two years ago, a man was killed at Cruisin the Coast when his door latch failed in his early 50’s Chebby truck.  Something to be said for retrofitting seat belts in old cars and trucks!

My 56 F100 will get upgraded latches along with belts.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

8/14/2020 9:09 PM  #7

we had a 55 belair that the drivers door wouldn't latch, so we just held it with our arm. Never feel out. Oh and the car didn't have much for brakes ether. but we were young living on may pops and driving 70 in the rain.

Slammed Big Blue, ran over the varmints that messed with the Stang. Now all is good in the NW

8/15/2020 6:28 AM  #8

Back in my "A" days it was just understood that we needed to hold the doors when entering driveways.  The frame and body on a Model A, especially a roadster, would flex so much going into a driveway that the downhill door would always fall open.

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

8/15/2020 9:30 AM  #9

My cousin had a 53 Ford with the glass top that the doors would not stay shut after several adjustments. He finally put those chain locks with the little slide in pucks so the door would not open enough to fall out.

8/15/2020 10:30 AM  #10

Bullet Bob wrote:

Back in my "A" days it was just understood that we needed to hold the doors when entering driveways.  The frame and body on a Model A, especially a roadster, would flex so much going into a driveway that the downhill door would always fall open.

Hey uncle Bullet, tell us again about the time you bought a new Model A off the showroom floor and drove it home!

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

8/15/2020 11:01 AM  #11

/\  Your's!

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

8/15/2020 1:31 PM  #12

Bullet Bob wrote:

/\  Your's!

Whaaat? I always thought it was a great story.

Hey, I'm praying in 10 years I'll be in as good as shape and health as you.

8/15/2020 3:24 PM  #13

Bullet Bob wrote:

/\  Your's!

Bwahahahaha!

Gary Zilik - Pine Junction, Colorado - 67 Coupe, 289-4V, T5

8/15/2020 3:46 PM  #14

RV6 wrote:

Bullet Bob wrote:

/\  Your's!

Bwahahahaha!

Don't egg him on Gary.

8/15/2020 7:13 PM  #15

Bearing Bob wrote:

Bullet Bob wrote:

/\  Your's!

Whaaat? I always thought it was a great story.

Hey, I'm praying in 10 years I'll be in as good as shape and health as you.

Keep hopin', sonny.

8/16/2020 3:24 PM  #16

Many years ago we were all crowded into the Aunt's 52 Buick (seat belts?, car seats?) when my 3 or 4 year old cousin fell out the rear door.  Luckily we were in a parking lot and not going to fast.  She wasn't hurt, my Aunt was more upset that we hadn't shut the door properly! (or so she said)

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

8/16/2020 9:37 PM  #17

This could be handy too. As it would keep the little ones from falling out the open door

Slammed Big Blue, ran over the varmints that messed with the Stang. Now all is good in the NW

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.