FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/21/2021 2:20 PM  #1

Time to listen to the "Beep Beep" song

Heard this Saturday at a car show...   oldie but funny
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enqNl7tdLR4

1968 T-code Coupe with a 302.  Nice car, no show stopper for sure, but I like it.

6/21/2021 2:47 PM  #2

Re: Time to listen to the "Beep Beep" song

Dang Rufus.....you are OLD!!!
I remember that one.
6sal6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

6/21/2021 4:36 PM  #3

While I'm certainly not young, Saturday at the car show was the first time I had heard it.  It made me laugh.  That song never made it onto the Rock stations of my yester-year.

1968 T-code Coupe with a 302.  Nice car, no show stopper for sure, but I like it.

6/21/2021 6:10 PM  #4

I can remember it being played regularly on the radio in the late fifties.
I’ll bet most young people don’t know what a small tube radio looks like.
Pre fifties and on I listened to radio quite a bit. Any one remember radio programs like , Sky King, Cochise, The Inner Sanctum, Gunsmoke, The Shadow and disk jockeys Wolf Man Jack, Lucky Pierre.
Wow brings back a lot of memories.

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

6/21/2021 8:11 PM  #5

Rudi; 
I remember most of those shows plus Fibber Magee & Molly, Duffy's Tavern, Hoppy, the Lone Arranger, and one or two that can't be mentioned due to political correctness.  Sky Kings niece, I think was Penny?  I'm sure she was real cute.
I'm nearly as geezerly as you.

Last edited by Bullet Bob (6/21/2021 8:11 PM)

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

6/21/2021 8:14 PM  #6

I still refer to American Motors cars as Nash Ramblers.

6/22/2021 6:52 AM  #7

was the car show in Fairfield Glade/Crossville Tn
Heard the same song Saturday
There was a very nice Studebaker Hawk and 67 GTA Fairlane at show

thks

6/22/2021 10:37 AM  #8

The car show was called "Moonshine Rod Run" in Newport, TN.  Over 500 cars were there.  They said it was a record turnout for this annual show.

6/22/2021 11:28 AM  #9

Before Wuhan hit the fan, on a good day  our weekly Friday night car cruise has 400 cars, with antiques, military and new cars in the mix.
Live music some nights, draws, prizes, giveaways, half&half draws
Hereabouts within an hours drive there is a cruise every day of the week.

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

6/23/2021 1:39 PM  #10

Bullet Bob wrote:

Rudi; 
I remember most of those shows plus Fibber Magee & Molly, Duffy's Tavern, Hoppy, the Lone Arranger, and one or two that can't be mentioned due to political correctness.  Sky Kings niece, I think was Penny?  I'm sure she was real cute.
I'm nearly as geezerly as you.

Hi Geezers - I remember all those shows, and with my Sirius radio I listen to a lot of those on Greg Bell's Radio Classics station. The Shadow, The Green Hornet, Gunsmoke, Have Gun Will Travel, The Six Shooter with Jimmy Stewart, Hopalong Cassidy, Suspense, The Whistler, etc, etc, My favorite is the Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar series. Yeah, Penny was pretty hot back then, and I loved the Songbird - the old Cessna 310. The first Songbird was a Cessna T-50 which my dad called the Bamboo Bomber as he got his twin engine rating in one during his Naval Air training during WWII.

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.