FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/29/2021 1:58 PM  #1

TMI Upholstery

I need to redo the front buckets on my '67 Coupe. Been looking at the TMI Sport II Comfortweave upholstery. It has the built up areas along the thighs and side. The drawings look sharp. Kind of pricey but ----. Anyone have any experience with these? Anything else I should be looking at? Thanks for any input.  

7/29/2021 5:39 PM  #2

Re: TMI Upholstery

Haven't use those seats but have used TMI. The quality is there,

If this forum can't fix it, it isn't broke.

7/29/2021 5:45 PM  #3

I put the TMI Sport 1 foam and upholstery in my 68.  It turned out nice.  The foam raises the height of your legs under the steering wheel.  Keep that in mind as you consider it.  If I were doing it over, I'd just put the stock foam in.  I would still use TMI because it came out really nice.  I just wouldn't get the thicker foam.

1968 T-code Coupe with a 302.  Nice car, no show stopper for sure, but I like it.

7/30/2021 4:33 AM  #4

I decided to just buy whole seats for my '67 from TMI.  I wanted headrests for safety, and by the time I added up the costs of foam, upholstery and headrests it was about the same as just buying whole seats with new frames, tracks, etc.  I'm VERY happy with the seats.  Very comfortable, but I don't slide all over the car when I carve a canyon.

7/30/2021 6:31 AM  #5

TKOPerformance wrote:

Very comfortable, but I don't slide all over the car when I carve a canyon.

You got a canyon in DE?

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

7/30/2021 7:28 AM  #6

Not yet, he's not done carving.

7/30/2021 7:48 AM  #7

Bullet Bob wrote:

TKOPerformance wrote:

You got a canyon in DE?

Sure, its called the C&D Canal, but I wouldn't recommend trying to drive in it

Back roads have to serve.  I know its not really the same, but you work with what you got. 

7/30/2021 8:09 AM  #8

Like in the Glen Campbell song “back roads and canyons of my mind” 😵‍💫

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

7/30/2021 8:13 AM  #9

TKOPerformance wrote:

Bullet Bob wrote:

TKOPerformance wrote:

You got a canyon in DE?

Back roads have to serve.  I know its not really the same, but you work with what you got. 

You guys are funny.  I like it.

TKOP:  Next time you're going to be down near the East TN area, let me know.  Here it's the straight back roads that are the unusual ones.  And I'm not just talking about the well known Tail of the Dragon.  During the weekends that stretch has too much traffic and too many cops.  Look at the maps and you'll see that there are many choices of similar, but unknown, roads in the mountains of East TN and Western NC so no need to be on the Tail of the Dragon.

1968 T-code Coupe with a 302.  Nice car, no show stopper for sure, but I like it.

7/30/2021 9:17 AM  #10

For TKOPerformance: I would look at getting the TMI seats but I have the blue 2-tone seats and I don't think their complete seats match the color. Did you try to match an interior color? Thanx

7/30/2021 10:44 AM  #11

That seems to be a question for TMI directly.  I'm sure if you contact them you will find out what your options are.

7/30/2021 5:14 PM  #12

I recovered  some fox body bucket seats front and back and put them in mine they looked like the 69-70 Mach 1 seats with the red stripe with a kit from TMI..

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

7/31/2021 5:38 AM  #13

riwall wrote:

For TKOPerformance: I would look at getting the TMI seats but I have the blue 2-tone seats and I don't think their complete seats match the color. Did you try to match an interior color? Thanx

Black interior, so not too hard.  That said, their seats are made to order.  I would call them, as they make standard upholstery as well, so likely have the correct material to match.  I would also highly recommend recovering the rear seat with matching upholstery.  Even if the colors were spot on, time, UV exposure, etc. changes the color subtly to where until you put something new next to it you won't notice. 

7/31/2021 5:40 AM  #14

Rufus68 wrote:

TKOPerformance wrote:

Bullet Bob wrote:

You got a canyon in DE?

You guys are funny.  I like it.

TKOP:  Next time you're going to be down near the East TN area, let me know.  Here it's the straight back roads that are the unusual ones.  And I'm not just talking about the well known Tail of the Dragon.  During the weekends that stretch has too much traffic and too many cops.  Look at the maps and you'll see that there are many choices of similar, but unknown, roads in the mountains of East TN and Western NC so no need to be on the Tail of the Dragon.

If ever I get the chance I'll let you know,  Thanks for the invite. 

7/31/2021 8:35 AM  #15

TMI should be able to do anything you want. I wanted the parchment color from 66 for my 07 seats. TMI made them. They charged the cost of each cover plus a “cut charge” of about $100 for the pair for the non typical color of an 07 seat.

John  -- 67 Mustang Coupe 390 5 speed

7/31/2021 1:44 PM  #16

I have there low back sport buckets in my 65 and it took about 2 months of driving to get them to settle in and not sit high. I did notice that they are a little tight with the stock arm rest if the seat is moved forward, but thats all.  I love them now and thinking about there new bench seat for my 67 C10

Slammed Big Blue, ran over the varmints that messed with the Stang. Now all is good in the NW

7/31/2021 2:48 PM  #17

Cab4word67 wrote:

I have there low back sport buckets in my 65 and it took about 2 months of driving to get them to settle in and not sit high. I did notice that they are a little tight with the stock arm rest if the seat is moved forward, but thats all.  I love them now and thinking about there new bench seat for my 67 C10

Basically what I have except mine have headrests.  I wanted the horizontal ribbing because that's what '67's had and that matched the rear seats and door panels.  They did not disappoint. 

7/31/2021 7:04 PM  #18

Stock seat frame; TMI Sport 1 foam and covers; I installed these in 2014.

8/03/2021 9:46 AM  #19

Very nice!

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.