FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/22/2021 5:14 PM  #26

Re: Anybody got some 17 inch wheels for sale?

TimC wrote:

BILLY WALTON from GEORGIA wrote:

We about to start a disassembling my wrecked car and see if my disc are still good...I can get the Granada spindles new with the mustang specs built in. the wheels are still bolted on. hopefully it just shoved it back a little.

This would be the perfect time to use the OEM spindles on the new car and just buy whatever brake kit you want.  No sense in changing spindles, IMO.  You can get great disc brakes for the OEM spindles.  I think the best website to find the kit you want/need is MUSTANGSTEVE.COM.   

I have Maverick spindles on my wrecked car and had just put new calipers and rotors and have a 5 speed and the MustangSteve powerbrake set up with the clutch cable pedals too .....that is cheapest way for me to go....Steve was the one that suggested the Granada Spindles with the mustang geometry built in them already from this place https://www.discbrakeswap.com/
=16px1964-66 spec Granada type high strength alloy steel steering knuckles (spindles) , includes grade 8 mounting bolts. has 1964-66 correct steering and suspension geometry. Includes both the right and left side parts.
=19pxP/N GKK.65 $299/set

Last edited by BILLY WALTON from GEORGIA (9/22/2021 5:16 PM)

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

9/22/2021 9:26 PM  #27

Another suggestion if you don’t want to perform Mustang Steve front discs is contact Chockostang.
He has entire kits that will bolt onto existing spindles and hardware as well.

http://www.chockostangclassicmustang.com/discbrakepowersteering/discbrakeconversions.html

As for me, a really great friend a couple of years ago helped me find stock ‘65 spindles to perform my MS front disc conversion.

I had given my original spindles away to a friend 30 years ago when I performed the Granada disc conversion.

Either way, both of my systems were factory Ford parts and replacement parts are still available for both.

Last edited by Nos681 (9/22/2021 9:36 PM)

9/23/2021 5:03 AM  #28

Nos681 wrote:

Another suggestion if you don’t want to perform Mustang Steve front discs is contact Chockostang.
He has entire kits that will bolt onto existing spindles and hardware as well.

http://www.chockostangclassicmustang.com/discbrakepowersteering/discbrakeconversions.html

As for me, a really great friend a couple of years ago helped me find stock ‘65 spindles to perform my MS front disc conversion.

I had given my original spindles away to a friend 30 years ago when I performed the Granada disc conversion.

Either way, both of my systems were factory Ford parts and replacement parts are still available for both.

that's a good deal... is it the same kit you would use if you wanted power disc? Do you just add the booster?
I have the 5 speed power brake conversion on my wrecked car.

I had bought Steve's (MustangSteves) 1974 Maverick spindles and disc brakes that were on his blue fastback when he swapped it to the big Brakes.
Pretty sure it did not damage the brakes on my old car in wreck the wheels are still bolted on it just shoved it back on driver side. I am hoping it may not have damaged the new Bilestein shocks I had just put on it too. It looks like it just moved it back and over as a whole ...I will be able to tell more after we get the stuff off and inspect it.

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

9/24/2021 6:48 AM  #29

I really like the MS power brake booster setup.
Nice clean appearance under the hood and plenty of room for dual master cylinder of any choice.

I am using a 2001 V6 master cylinder with my setup.
I used it with Granada discs and factory drums (14” wheels).

Currently using same booster/master cylinder combo with 2016 Mustang GT brakes front and rear (18” wheels).
Mustang Steve adapter brackets for both.

The factory KH brakes were used with 15” wheels, so it would be an easy install with factory spindles.
Dan at Chockostang is very knowledgeable and helpful with the brakes and steering systems on these cars.
BTW, might want to catch him before he heads south for the winter…snowbird.😁

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.