FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/12/2013 3:39 PM  #1

The Sinyster has SOLD!

Bitter sweet to see it go after all of the blood, sweat, tears, curse words, busted knuckles and sleeples nights. Thanks to MS and everyone on this forum that educated and assisted me (you know who you are) during and after the build. It was my first and I learned a lot. I can't know or say if I will ever own another vintage Mustang or not, but if I do, it will most likely be a purchase of a completed project. I know Steve was never a fan of the flares, but at least somone out there liked them enough to buy it. At least it didn't have yeller wires! Thank you all again for your kindness, friendship, and willingness to share your infinite mechanical knowledge and passion. You're a wonderful group of kind and generous folks that I've enjoyed for many years.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1966-Mustang-Mild-Custom-Eleanor-Body-Effects-Show-Winner-Full-Restoration-/290885188694?_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&forcev4exp=true#ht_3667wt_1167

4/12/2013 4:11 PM  #2

Re: The Sinyster has SOLD!

That is a nice looking car with quality workmanship, and that's a good price for a coupe. With that money you could buy a bunch of projects and start again.

66 Vert.  4.6 DOHC, 4R70 Auto, Heidt's M2 frontend

4/12/2013 4:45 PM  #3

Congratulations on the sale.  It's unfortunate that you had to do this but I'll bet you'll be back, it's in your blood!

4/12/2013 4:57 PM  #4

Sorry you had to sell such a nice car, hope you got what you wanted for it. Good luck

If this forum can't fix it, it isn't broke.

4/12/2013 8:42 PM  #5

Many of us have sold our cars and moved to other things.  I sold my 66 coupe and 6 months later a drunk driver hit it and totaled it.  Love the cars when you have and keep the good memories when you sell them.

4/12/2013 9:19 PM  #6

Congrats Skip!   Very nice ride!

4/12/2013 10:52 PM  #7

Sinyster,
Sorry Ya had to sell yer Hot Rod, you know it was nice.
Hope to see Ya, back with another ride.(Hehheh a blue one)

Corky

If it ain't broke, I haven't modified it Yet

4/13/2013 6:03 PM  #8

Well, you could ease the pain by remembering the old adage "the two happiest days in a boat (Mustang) owner's life are the day he buys it and the day he sells it". Remember the fun times when you drove it and try to forget the not so fun times when you had to work on or pay for it.

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

4/13/2013 6:14 PM  #9

The quality of workmanship in that car is what sold it.  Good job.  Even if I tease about add ons that one day will be out of style, if you are fortunate to sell it while that stuff is IN STYLE in the purchasers mind, you have done well.  Now, where is my HOW TO FIBERGLASS STUFF book?

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

4/14/2013 7:59 AM  #10

Once again the good folks respond and reply with words of kindness and encouragement. Thank You.

I was more than fortunate to get what I did for the car. I had kind of always envisioned a "healthy" deal, but didn't allow myself to let my hopes or expectations grow beyond reason. Needless to say, the deal did surpass my expectations.

Thank you again for the kudo's, and your expertise and encouragement in helping me accomplish success with the Sinyster project. I'll pop in and lurk around from time to time just to see how everyone is doing. Continued well wishes to you all.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.