FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/19/2020 8:28 AM  #1

Cannonball Run - Rented Mustang Sets Record

More 'outlaw' then 'organized' these days, but people are still at it ... 

https://themustangsource.com/brave-soul-uses-rental-mustang-gt-to-destroy-cannonball-record-36050/

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

7/19/2020 4:27 PM  #2

Re: Cannonball Run - Rented Mustang Sets Record

The ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM...

Did he sit in a seat full of pee most of the way, or what?   I would hate to be the next rental driver.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

7/19/2020 5:45 PM  #3

Way back when I used to fly there was a device that fastened over the mans water facet with a drainage tube leading to a venturi on the bottom exterior of the fuselage. The venturi creates a vacuum and pulls the liquid out and vaporizes it. Still messy nevertheless!

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

7/19/2020 7:40 PM  #4

Rudi wrote:

The venturi creates a vacuum and pulls the liquid out and vaporizes it.

Soooooooooo the faster you flew .....the stronger the vacuum!?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........
6sal6
PS   OK Don......you take over!

PSS............Sounds a lot like the old flick  "Vanishing Point". We all know how that movie ended!
6s6

Last edited by 6sally6 (7/20/2020 4:23 PM)

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

7/19/2020 8:11 PM  #5

It is called a relief tube. The new mechs are told that it is the manual innercom for ground ops.     In pressurized airplanes it workes differently..........

70, ragtop 351W/416 stroker Edel Performer heads w pro flow 4, Comp roller 35-421-8. T5

7/20/2020 4:48 AM  #6

Astronauts wear diapers...just sayin'...

7/20/2020 7:09 AM  #7

In this day and age where some people have been arrested based on a posted video of their actions, wouldn't something like this be legally risky after being verified legitimate even if one was not caught during the infractions?

1968 T-code Coupe with a 302.  Nice car, no show stopper for sure, but I like it.

7/20/2020 1:29 PM  #8

Rudi wrote:

Way back when I used to fly there was a device that fastened over the mans water facet with a drainage tube leading to a venturi on the bottom exterior of the fuselage. The venturi creates a vacuum and pulls the liquid out and vaporizes it. Still messy nevertheless!

When I flew as aircrew on the P2-V Neptune patrol bomber in the Navy, each seat position had a "relief tube" which was a funnel attached to a tube that ran the length of the aircraft to a venturi located on the aft belly of the aircraft. The funnel had a small valve at the bottom that you opened while you were relieving yourself. The venturi created a vacuum that would suck the liquid out. The P2-V didn't have a "head", only a "honey bucket" in the after station if you needed to do more.... The P-3 Orion I later flew in had a real "head" so there wasn't a need for the relief tube.
And as far as the "Cannonball Run" goes - I think it is an absolutely stupid idea. To drive that fast across the country, flagrantly disobeying the law and putting everyone else on the road at risk is insane - just for kicks! I lost my twin brother to a reckless fool who didn't bother to slow down and stop at a red light. I have no sympathy for such people. They deserve to be punished by the law. JMHO.

Last edited by Ron68 (7/20/2020 1:36 PM)

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

7/20/2020 4:01 PM  #9

Rufus68 wrote:

In this day and age where some people have been arrested based on a posted video of their actions, wouldn't something like this be legally risky after being verified legitimate even if one was not caught during the infractions?

This got me thinking.  On one hand, from the pics provided it would be quite easy to figure out the car, track it back to the rental company, and potentially track it to the person who rented it.  The issue I think anyone trying to level legal action would have is its a jurisdictional nightmare since it spans a bunch of states.  Here's the real killer though, what's the charge?  Keep in mind "speeding" and "fast" are not charges.  A charge must be specific, like "115 in a 65".  Any such charge would be easily defeated by anyone even remotely well versed in the case law of speeding tickets (which, if you haven't guessed already, is an area in which I am WELL versed).  No one ever directly measured his speed.  Traffic court is a criminal court of law, and thus requires that you be proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.  A good attorney would let the prosecution speak and then motion for the case to be dismissed because the prosecution has failed to meet their burden of proof.  That motion would be granted, and if it wasn't it would be dismissed on appeal.  Traffic court is one of those things, they know you're guilty, hell, you know you're guilty, but can they prove you're guilty?  Put it this way, if you know what case law to use the cop that read your speed by radar and pulled you over to issue your a citation won't be able to do it.  A case like this?  Not a prayer. 

7/20/2020 9:15 PM  #10

6sally6 wrote:

Rudi wrote:

The venturi creates a vacuum and pulls the liquid out and vaporizes it.

Soooooooooo the faster you flew .....the stronger the vacuum!?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........
6sal6
PS OK Don......you take over!

PSS............Sounds a lot like the old flick "Vanishing Point". We all know how that movie ended!
6s6

WHAT ??? WHO ???  me   I'm the nicest on the board,,  it's others brains
that gets confused?? 

8/01/2020 12:35 AM  #11

WHAT WAS 2ND PLACE'S TIME?

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.