FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/03/2020 11:01 AM  #1

mufflers

I have been going through some older post and I have a question, is the walker quite flow that is mentioned the same as the walker Cadillac mufflers that were talked about some time back?

11/03/2020 3:58 PM  #2

Re: mufflers

Yep. Sam Ting.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

11/03/2020 6:18 PM  #3

Tight, but they fit. 
The ugly welds on the driver side tailpipe are because I sawzalled the tailpipe two separate times, getting it to fit perfect.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

11/03/2020 7:59 PM  #4

after seeing how close everything is I am wondering about if this will go under my 64 falcon. I may wait until I put in my t5 to see if I can tolerate the noise of those MF 40 or what ever they are.

11/03/2020 10:10 PM  #5

Val.........how old are you?
How's your hearing now?
With tail pipes ALL the way out the rear.......in 5th gear.....you can carry on a normal conversation no prob with the Blow Master 40's.

6sal6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

11/04/2020 5:37 AM  #6

I had the Walker Quiet Flows (Cadillac) fitted to mine. I just gave them to the exhaust shop and they fitted them no problem.
Great muffler!

1964-1/2 D Code Coupe - 289 V8, 4 Speed Toploader, 3.00 ratio rear, Autolite 4100 Carb, 15" tires, Pertronix ignition

11/04/2020 6:30 AM  #7

6sal6, almost 69, i think my hearing is fine with the exception of high pitches. noise is one thing i can do without. i just don't care for loud. i miss the days of the late 60's early 70's those sounds are what i like. my brother had a 70 ranchero 429 cobra jet, top loader, loved th way that sounded. i am smart enough to know you won't get that sound out of a 302 with 9:1 compression ratio, i sure would like to get close. i am assuming the mufflers are 40's, but they were on the car when i bought it, so i don't know. at 80 with a 3.25 gear it is way to loud. yes the tail pipes run all the way past the rear bumper.

Last edited by val fulesday (11/04/2020 6:34 AM)

11/04/2020 9:28 AM  #8

We are almost the same age (72)
As much as I "bloviate" about noisy cars and snotty idle Too much racket at speed gets old in a hurry! The OD tranny makes a HUGE difference.
You can do other things to help also. I made a solid panel between the trunk and back seat of the car. I used a layer of expanded foam (comes in 4 X 8 sheets at home improvement store) also behind the seat. Second layer of carpet in the cabin. Seal ALL holes/cracks in cabin(helps with outside dust too!)  Replaced plastic weather shield in doors with thicker covering(peel and stick) covered all holes in door with peel & stick. Keep in mind tire noise is greatly reduced if you cover them (on the inside) with sound dampening stuff (I used peel & stick).
You can do lotsa stuff to quiet the inside while  "raising caine" on the outside. IMHO
6sal6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

11/06/2020 12:38 PM  #9

went to y local auto parts store and ask about the quiet flow mufflers and he ask me what size. I wasn't aware that there was a choice

11/06/2020 1:29 PM  #10

Yup, look 'em up.  Lots of variations.  The #22430, which Josh has on his FB and I'm pretty sure are going on the Heap are 17" long (muffler body) with 2" inlet and outlet.  He seems to be pretty happy with them...maybe he'll chime in.

BB1

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

11/06/2020 7:53 PM  #11

Chime time.
BB is correct on the muffs I'm running. Got mine at summit. I did a search on their site for those specific mufflers but, not a specific car. Instead, I scrolled thru the listings, reading the specs, until I found a muffler that works with my 2" exhaust system. If you're running a two inch exhaust, we've done the work for you. If not, you can research summit like I did.  I like how they sound at idle and aren't loud at cruise. Mine are on a 66 FB.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.