FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/21/2024 7:26 AM  #1

Still on the search for for good LEDTail lights

So many Brands and choices. Wish I had more examples and testimonies.

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

4/21/2024 2:11 PM  #2

Re: Still on the search for for good LEDTail lights

On my 68 Cougar I just used LED bulbs west coast classic cougar sells. Pricy but very bright and works well.

68 Cougar XR7 347 stroker T5 3:80

4/21/2024 5:54 PM  #3

Again the ones from Amazon work very well and are very brite. Plus if you really dont like just send them back. I have had these for 4 years now and like them. iBrightstar Newest 9-30V Super Bright Low Power 1157 2357 2057 7528 BAY15D LED Bulbs with Projector Replacement for Stop Tail Brake Lights, Brilliant Red
https://a.co/d/1ZYJR0V
Phinlion brand also from Amazon are very bright. I run the switchbacks in the front turns on my C10 and in my 04 F150. they are very bright too

Last edited by Cab4word67 (4/21/2024 6:02 PM)

Slammed Big Blue, ran over the varmints that messed with the Stang. Now all is good in the NW

4/21/2024 9:35 PM  #4

Users on VMF seen to be pleased with the LED tail lights sold by board member "gtonavy". This is his website:
https://www.vintageleds.com/

4/22/2024 10:29 AM  #5

Stop searching and buy yourself a set.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

4/23/2024 6:02 AM  #6

This is pretty much what I have on mine Billy. I fitted them maybe 6 or 7 years ago and never had any problems. They are nice and bright too.

https://johnsmustang.com/products/1965-1966-mustang-led-tail-light-lenses?variant=25080206917696

1964-1/2 D Code Coupe - 289 V8, 4 Speed Toploader, 3.00 ratio rear, Autolite 4100 Carb, 15" tires, Pertronix ignition

4/23/2024 9:46 AM  #7

RPM, aka Bearing Bob wrote:

Stop searching and buy yourself a set.

good idea

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

4/24/2024 3:39 AM  #8

Your choice is complicated by different features... do you want the sequential blink, or all on at once? The sequential blink is done by using a circuit board populated with a bunch of individual LEDs. I like the sequential blink, but they look pixelated to me (you can see the individual hot spots). Vintage LEDs makes a good product in this version.
If you want all on at once, then the Plasma LED sold by West Coast Classic Cougar is a good choice. Just pop out the 1157 bulb and replace it with this. Its a much brighter version of the old incandescent bulb and doesn't have the pixelated look, but no sequential blink. Decisions, decisions.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.