FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/13/2013 5:44 PM  #1

Granada spindle swap?

is anyone familiar with disc brakes that look like granada spindles and calipers? i have a 57 custom 300 i just got that was supposed to have granada discs on front , i went to put new calipers on it and what i have for calipers are a bit more than 1 inch longer from top to bottom than the granada ones, and the rotors are 1 1/8 in thick so i know they arent granada , the old calipers have the number from ford 4301 on them , any ideas anyone on where i should look to identify them??????any help appreciated , mikey

Last edited by Hakan (10/13/2013 7:23 PM)

10/13/2013 8:22 PM  #2

Re: Granada spindle swap?

I found a link about 57's and with Granada spindles you have to ream to lower ball joint hole to fit the 57 so instead of the Granada, some conversions use 74 Torino spindles since they apparently don't need to be modified.  I looked for a 74 Torino with a 351 on RockAuto and the disc is 1-1/8 or so thick.  There are two diameters listed 10-3/4" and 11-13/16 and both are 1-1/8 or 1-3/16.  Here is a link for one of the pads - I think the larger diameter rotors may have been for station wagons or police cars. http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=222586&cc=1141423   

And this is one of the calipers that is listed.
http://www.cardone.com/Products/Product-Detail?productId=184084&p=rock
I found some other conversions that used a GM caliper. 

10/13/2013 9:31 PM  #3

Thanx for your effort , i will try those next , i appreciate your help !!

10/13/2013 9:41 PM  #4

There seem to be a variety of conversions out there but this one seemed to fit - Ford calipers, 1-1/8 rotors, etc.  Good luck.

10/14/2013 7:57 PM  #5

Thank you so much they fit just like they were supposed t,o I'm sure if I went into a dealership they would've looked at them and said I have no idea ,but you found the right calipers simply by description ,you da man thanks again Mikey

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.