FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/19/2014 5:42 PM  #1

Intermittend Wipers 65-70 Mustang

I decided to add intermittent wipers to my 67 mustang.  I looked at a lot of forums and decided I wanted to do something that eliminated the washer pump pedal on the 67-68 and would be compatibile with other year mustangs.  While the new version are probably fine, they usually don’t  include the washer pump on the switch.  The new sliding switch is fine, but again, it leaves the old floor washer pump in the equation.  Having worked at Ford during this ears, I decided to use as many existing componets and intergrate them into a complete system.  On my 67 convertible, I added a light switch stamping from an old dash in the ash tray slot for uniformity.  I have tried to attach a PDF file detailing this process but apparently don't know the correct process>

3/19/2014 5:57 PM  #2

Re: Intermittend Wipers 65-70 Mustang

One way I've found to post something long here is to use the copy function on you comp. Copy everything you want to post and paste it in the field. If your copy has pictures, they probably won't show up as a pic. Just click on the box where the picture would appear and use the upload image function(at the bottom right) and it will paste it to where you clicked the box.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't get him drunk

3/19/2014 7:30 PM  #3

It's a PDF and won't copy.

3/19/2014 8:03 PM  #4

Send it to me and I'll try an post it for you.

66redmustang@hotmail.com

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't get him drunk

3/19/2014 9:21 PM  #5

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

3/20/2014 12:04 AM  #6

Thanks for getting the PDF posted.  I have 3  complete sets consisting of a governor harness, switch, and pigtail for splicing to motor if anyone is interested.  They have all been bench tested and work fine.  I find that the switches are work great, but new OEM replacement switches are fairly reasonable from Rockauto, etc.

4/01/2014 8:13 AM  #7

There's another way to do it too.  I built and installed this unit on my 66.  It seems to work just fine.  See also my web page: http://mit.midco.net/jharcinske/Int_Wiper.html

Founding Member of the Perpetually Bewildered Society

4/01/2014 8:52 AM  #8

I went for a process using existing items available from parts supply companies and salvage yard components. There are thousands of Ford broncos and f150 with the governor harness still working. I like all ford stuff in my projects. You have a more advanced mind.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.