FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/02/2013 8:07 PM  #1

Just realized that i never posted pic of my brake job after ;)

so here they are!! this is a Mustangsteve gt2008 front brake bracket modded to work on with 2005-10 V6 caliper and rotors also the rotors where drilled 4 lug so i could use them on my 6 cyl car. it has 4 wheel disc and i am running a MS pedal and booster combo. thanks for looking!

have to use a spacer to clear my Konig rewinds i have on my car they are 16" hence why i used v6 calipers and rotors

And here is a shot of my full car please excuse the dirt i gotta wash it. plus it needs a paint job but im saving for that!

4/02/2013 9:25 PM  #2

Re: Just realized that i never posted pic of my brake job after ;)

Awesome job!  If I wasn't already starting  on V8 suspension and brakes this is probably what I would do.  Actually, since I plan on 16 inch wheels this may be exactly what I should do.

'66 Fastback since July 27, 1981. Springtime Yellow, originally a 200 cu in, 4 speed. Also a '92 LX Coupe, 5.0, 5 speed.

4/02/2013 10:45 PM  #3

If you're planing on 16" wheels thats what would have to happen if you want the 05-10 brakes. Mustangsteve has the pic of my modded bracket that makes it possible to use v6 calipers and rotors.

http://members.boardhost.com/MustangSteve/msg/1356062491.html

that thread has pic as well tho they are not a hi res as the ones sent to MS

Last edited by Xargon321 (4/02/2013 10:46 PM)

4/03/2013 8:13 AM  #4

Nice job, I think the 6 cyl Mustangs are under appreciated! My borther's 65 coupe with the 6 and 4 speed was one of the funnest cars to drive. It handled awesome and we won a lot of Solo's with that thing. The Shelby drop and some different springs and look out, it was fun!!

4/03/2013 8:18 AM  #5

Nice job, I think the 6 cyl Mustangs are under appreciated! My borther's 65 coupe with the 6 and 4 speed was one of the funnest cars to drive. It handled awesome and we won a lot of Solo's with that thing. The Shelby drop and some different springs and look out, it was fun!!

4/04/2013 7:14 PM  #6

Ya i think so too my car started life as a 6 and it will stay a six especially if i can get this from Aus.
4.0 Dohc Inline 6 with Turbo and 6 speed auto pushing around 360hp

4/04/2013 9:03 PM  #7

Xargon,

You would be my hero!  I love the Ford sixes and wish I could have found a way to make the power my 8 does economically...I just didnt have the resources and these things simply werent around 10 years ago.

1965 Convertible - 5.0 EFI (TFS TW, GT40, Tri-Y, C4 auto)

9/01/2013 1:10 PM  #8

Sorry for starting old thred but did you have to machine the drum hub down for this to work? And I saw a picture of the bracket mounted to the spindle did you have to move back the secondary bracket or just trim it to fit the caliper

9/01/2013 1:18 PM  #9

no i did not have to so anything to the hub besides putting longer stud in those are sweged in place so you will have to usr a hold saw to cut the sholder of the old stids down or you will ream the hole and the new stud wont fit in tight.

the bracket is machined to let the v6 mustang caliper slide without binding and you may have to grind the brake caliper bracket a bit to sit flush on MS brake brackets but other then that little mods they fit great!

9/02/2013 12:55 PM  #10

Xargon321 wrote:

so here they are!! this is a Mustangsteve gt2008 front brake bracket modded to work on with 2005-10 V6 caliper and rotors also the rotors where drilled 4 lug so i could use them on my 6 cyl car. it has 4 wheel disc and i am running a MS pedal and booster combo. thanks for looking!

So, what discs did you put on the back?

Last edited by Muzz 66 (9/02/2013 3:53 PM)

'66 Fastback since July 27, 1981. Springtime Yellow, originally a 200 cu in, 4 speed. Also a '92 LX Coupe, 5.0, 5 speed.

9/03/2013 6:58 PM  #11

running 93 mustang cobra rear discs and calipers the  rear kit i got as a kit with the fronts from mustangbrakeparts.com. they sell a kit that will bolt to the 7.25 rear axle flange of the 6 cyls. my rear axle is a 8" out of a 72 maverick 6 but it still has the same bolt pattern as the 7.25 rear axle so the same bracket is used i hope MS can make one for the 2005-9 rear disc brakes as i think it would just be a diffrent bolt pattern for the bracket.

9/03/2013 7:39 PM  #12

Thanks!

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.