FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/12/2017 1:38 PM  #1

!971 trunk lid

I know you can adjust the deck lid side to side, What about the height
? The back or top side sits a little high. Car is 71 Mustang fastback.

If its worth doing do it right !

9/12/2017 7:47 PM  #2

Re: !971 trunk lid

loosen the 4 bolts...but not too loose and play with it....a little tap here a little tap there, you'll get it...jj

"Never put a question mark where God put a period "  Richard Petty

9/13/2017 7:44 AM  #3

This is a 71 fastback and look as though the arm assembly is held in with one bolt that's all I could find .

9/13/2017 9:27 AM  #4

Decklid height is typically set by adjusting the hinge position where it bolts to the body of the car.  If you are using a Scott Drake gasket, they will make the decklid sit too high to the point where adjustment will not fix the issue.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

9/13/2017 5:55 PM  #5

Thanks everyone for your replies. From what I have found out the arms of hinges are not adjustable not sure of how they are attached but there is only one bolt one each side , The lid is only slightly high . Side to side and back and forth can be adjusted. This project has been very educational . 

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.