FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/17/2017 4:13 PM  #1

Vent window instal

I'm kind of lost on this. I have installed all the bolts except one. The one that goes in the upper right side of the vent window. How is this installed all I see is a square hole

9/18/2017 8:56 PM  #2

Re: Vent window instal

I think the bolt you are talking about is the "pivot" bolt, for lack of a better name.  It's at the door window side of the vent frame and It's the one bolt that pulls the vent frame tight to the door shell.  As I recall, this bolt uses a notched, dished washer that is bigger than the square hole.
The other bolts, as you no doubt have determined, put the long end into the vent frame and the short end with the attached flat washer pushes back, toward the inside of the car, in the door shell.
With the first bolt snug but not tight, you can adjust the transverse and longitudinal, and forward/back position of the vent frame.  Once you get it where all is well you can tighten, but not over tighten, the first bolt.
If I forgot something...likely...maybe someone will chime in.

If you can't find those funny washers in your pile shoot me a PM.  I went through six doors to get our heap close and I'll be happy to do a little rooting...might even know right where to look.

Good luck.  Doors take time but the results are gratifying.  Don't give up or get in a hurry.

BB

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

9/20/2017 8:09 PM  #3

Thanks bob, I'm going to look in my box of misc stuff and hope to find them. I'm just not sure of what they look like but I have an idea. I'll get back with you if can't find them

9/24/2017 12:46 PM  #4

Well I could not dig them up, so being a machinist I made a couple of square nuts up. Worked out good. Thanks for the help though.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.